Problem with touchscreen calibration - is screen resolution key to the problem?

More
17 Dec 2017 22:37 #103258 by AuricGoldfinger
Hi over there, beeing new to linux at all - I want to install LinuxCNC on an older industrial PC having an ELO touchscreen.

(I'm just converting an old and hughe Deckel FP3L mill with original stepper motor drives from an antique and defective weinlich control to something useful :)

The touchscreen basically works, but I`m stuck in the calibration process using xinput_calibrator. I can just see the first "cross" in the upper left screen corner and click on it. The other crosses are not displayed, but the timer circle and text is not displayed in the middle of the screen. Maybe my native screen resolution of 800x600 is to small?

Any hints?

I`ve installed the xinput_calirator in the following manner - and can only start it from that directory. Maybe that might be a cause for the trouble as well:
sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
wget github.com/downloads/tias/xinput_calibra...ibrator-0.7.5.tar.gz
tar -xvzf xinput_calibrator-0.7.5.tar.gz
cd xinput_calibrator-0.7.5
./configure
make
./src/xinput_calibrator

btw: the linux warns while starting up that the portmapping failed. Dos taht has to do with this as well.?

best regards from germanys cold and wet winter

Maik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2017 07:50 #103273 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Maik
What version of lcnc so u use? I mean also wich version of Linux. I had quite some issues with stretch, as reported here in the forum.
And i also believe there are special elo drivers.
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds