sherline computer w/Linuxcnc 2.7 parallel communication??

More
22 Dec 2017 01:04 - 22 Dec 2017 01:11 #103449 by garyl
Yes the std_pinout.hal looks just like that. When I use the Linux cnc stepconf wizard it works like its supposed to with the sherline presets. Its just the config files provided by Sherline that have some issue. The buzzing comes and goes on the steppers with either config.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2017 01:11 by garyl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2017 04:23 #103453 by InMyDarkestHour
The latency figures are ok ?

Under what conditions does the buzzing "come & go" ? Is it under load, under no load, at rest, any particular direction or randomly,how about when you use the "test axis" feature in stepconf ? Is it all axis at the same time or just kind of "whenever" for lack of a better phrase.

My set up went quite smoothly and I didn't come across any issues like this, so I'm just trying to get a feel for whats going on and causing the frustration.

I apologize for these basic questions.

More
22 Dec 2017 12:30 #103457 by garyl
No problem thanks for all your effort!

The buzzing comes and goes under no load, I can turn the knob and it will go away on some of the axis. The machine is smooth so no binding on the steppers. I might try reloading the Shurline config files from the CD's if that's possible.
I like the Linux CNC 2.7 interface better than the Shurline so no big deal if I can't get the Shurline configs to work, just nice to know why.

More
22 Dec 2017 22:54 - 22 Dec 2017 23:00 #103464 by verticalperformance
I pretty well abandoned the sherline supplied configs when moving from 8.xx to 10.04 and used the stepconf generated ones on mine. Works fine on 10.04 and also now on wheezy.

Edit. I also note that my stepper_xyza.hal also does not (probably never has had) any drive timings either.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2017 23:00 by verticalperformance. Reason: Further info

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds