Install LinunxCNC on a non pae system

More
06 Feb 2018 08:54 #105481 by sutter.michi
Hello.

I am siting here in front of a one platine computer, which has used in a checkweighter. The PC is small and has a on board Parallel output and a display.
But i tried to install a Linux Distro and then i get the error message: non pae!

Is there any way to use and install LinuxCNC on a non pae system?

Best regards

Michi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2018 14:16 #105491 by Todd Zuercher
What installation ISO are you trying to use?
I do know that all of the Linuxcnc live CDs using Ubuntu10.04 and older were all non PAE. (Actually the Wheezy one says that it is but I think it actually isn't.)
I think that I have installed the current Debain based Linuxcnc live hybrid iso on non PAE computers without them complaining about being non-PAE. (although performance was pathetic.)

More
16 Feb 2018 07:51 #106005 by sutter.michi
Ok i have try it. But i looks like the pc is not good enough for linuxcnc.
He doesn`t do anything.

I use now a newer other pc.

Thanks for your help!!

Michi

More
16 Feb 2018 13:36 #106015 by Todd Zuercher

What installation ISO are you trying to use?
I do know that all of the Linuxcnc live CDs using Ubuntu10.04 and older were all non PAE. (Actually the Wheezy one says that it is but I think it actually isn't.)
I think that I have installed the current Debain based Linuxcnc live hybrid iso on non PAE computers without them complaining about being non-PAE. (although performance was pathetic.)

I think I miss typed, I meant to say Lucid, not Wheezy, when I said that one says that it is PAE but it does not actually seem to be.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds