Installing on BeagleBone Black

More
14 May 2018 02:16 #110711 by EricS
Hi everyone, I realize this is a LinuxCNC forum but I thought I'd post here with some questions on installing MachineKit.

I have a Beaglebone Black Wireless and I've loaded the MachineKit image onto it and it works fine, except for the wifi which apparently isn't part of the of the Machinekit image.

I loaded the stock Beaglebone image onto it which does have Wifi support (and it's working)

I tried to follow these instructions to install machinekit and the kernel:

www.machinekit.io/docs/getting-started/installing-packages/ #8

The keyserver command isn't working for some reason.

I have basic knowledge of Linux, but I am not a coder. Is this something basic that I'm doing wrong? Should I be cloning this from the MachineKit Gifhub?

Sorry if these are really basic questions..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2018 02:43 #110712 by InMyDarkestHour
Well it's a bit hard without any indication of what the error message is.

All in all your best bet would be the machinekit google group, you'll get an answer there for sure.

If you are getting a msg relate to dirmngr this should fix it

sudo apt-get install dirmngr

More
14 May 2018 11:41 #110722 by EricS
I did post on the MachineKit forum, and as of this first post, there wasn't a response. That forums seems a little slow compared to this one... Plus I wanted to fool with PathPilot so I thought I'd get posting here.

So I did install dirmnger and that got me a lot farther, but I'm getting a "no keyserver available" error now. The Beagle has a solid internet connection, so could this be on their end or mine? I'm not sure how to test/figure it out.

More
14 May 2018 12:17 - 14 May 2018 12:24 #110725 by InMyDarkestHour
Yeah the machinekit group is a little slow. You could always try here www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/ about the keyserver issue, do a search first I'm pretty sure you are not the only one that's ever had that kind of issue, just make sure to post the whole msg you get when it fails. Debian is debian

Maybe this might be of help
www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-...owing-key-id-705108/

I'm not really a "debian guy", slackware is more my thing.

I'm using an earlier version of machine kit on my BeagleBone Black to run my mill......can't exactly remember what image I used, but I've had no trouble at all....so far.

You're running this command ?
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv 43DDF224

I just ran through the configure apt for debian 7 i386 and all went well......After running sudo apt-get update the mk packages appear in synaptic.
Last edit: 14 May 2018 12:24 by InMyDarkestHour.

More
16 May 2018 13:58 #110789 by EricS
I'm running that exact command you posted and I'm getting that "no keyserver available" error... I'll check that thread and see what I can come up with...

I did to apt-update before I started to make sure I was updated...

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds