Starting out with Mesa 7i76e, what do I need for "uspace"?

More
28 May 2018 13:56 #111231 by Sparky961
Ahhh..... sorry for answering my own question (again), but I should have kept working on it before asking the proceeding.

Turns out you need to supply an IP address, even though it's at the default. C'mon software developers... this one's a no-brainer. You shouldn't need to supply a default.

But alas I saw a bunch of stuff fly by on the terminal and now I see pins and such. All is well so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2018 19:32 #111282 by andypugh

Turns out you need to supply an IP address, even though it's at the default. C'mon software developers... this one's a no-brainer. You shouldn't need to supply a default.

Ah, yes, but how does it know how many boards lo look for?

(I tried to make the hm2_7i43 and hm2_7i90 drivers do exactly what you suggest, and it is then really hard to know when to stop looking for more boards.)

More
29 May 2018 19:43 #111285 by PCW
I think its possible to do this but it needs a probe routine with error messages muted,
and only "found such-and-such at someplace" messages enabled

More
30 May 2018 02:21 #111298 by Sparky961

Ah, yes, but how does it know how many boards lo look for?

Touché. I wasn't thinking about multiple cards. I was thinking "why the hell isn't this working?". ;)

Upon re-reading the man page, I think it was my own misunderstanding of the language there. I saw "default' for IP address and figured I wouldn't need to supply it. Hence my mild venting in a moment of frustration.

In hindsight once I sorted out a few hiccups here and there it does work very nicely. This is the first card I've worked with that has an ethernet interface and so far I'd go this route again. I hope I don't have to eat those words...

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds