Setup Eclipse and Pydev for debugging

More
08 May 2019 01:38 #133107 by rockandsalt
Hi,

So I am trying to follow the following instruction on how to debug embedded python in LinuxCNC . But the eclipse and java version that comes default on wheezy is too old. So therefore, I have to download the 2.8.2 version. But using the following download link doesn't do anything: www.pydev.org/update_sites/old/. And when I use the underlying link: dl.bintray.com/fabioz/pydev/old/. I get thrown an error by eclipse saying handshake failed and host closing connection. I tried to download the zip from sourceforge but zip seems to be missing the jar file.

Does anybody have a zip of that particular version of Pydev? Or even better does anybody have an alternative to what is described in the doc?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2019 11:10 #133127 by pl7i92
why domt you simply use the PPa for linuxcnc on ubuntu and 19.04 that got the newest system
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockandsalt

More
08 May 2019 15:36 #133154 by andypugh

Hi,

So I am trying to follow the following instruction on how to debug embedded python in LinuxCNC . But the eclipse and java version that comes default on wheezy is too old.

You don't need realtime to debug LinuxCNC and Python, so it might be easiest to use a stock Linux install with the tools you need, and run LinuxCNC as a sim. The realtime drivers won't control hardware properly, but Python stuff should all work fine.

(I have done a fair bit of Userspace stuff on Virtual Machines on my Mac, even)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockandsalt

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds