Crashing

More
06 Jun 2019 08:49 #136022 by m.bofi
Crashing was created by m.bofi
Well the story is as follows. Downloaded the iso image for Debian wheezy version of Linuxcnc, put it on dvd with intention of installing it to a newer pc (i3 530 @2.9Gh, HDD wd6400ars, 4GB ram, gt250 gs 1GB). Installation went on just fine and then it just won't open. I read that maybe that maybe partitioning as ext3 manually instead of ext4 might solve the problem, tried it, didn't work. I read that changing sata mode from ide to ahci might work, didnt.
I redid the process with the same results. Because writing every message that popped up would be painful I attached several photos of the system starting up and how it results in a pixelated crash. Has anyone encountered something similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 10:48 #136027 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Crashing
Try the Debian 9 Stretch LiveDVD.

linuxcnc.org/downloads/

JT

More
06 Jun 2019 11:16 #136029 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Crashing
there is a Try Without install option on the DVD try that first
then reboot and install

More
06 Jun 2019 11:34 #136032 by m.bofi
Replied by m.bofi on topic Crashing
Tried live version results in the same screen. Attached are photos of boot sequence

More
06 Jun 2019 14:25 #136053 by m.bofi
Thank you all for your imidiate support. Its great for newbie like me to have back up!
Indeed Debian Strecth(linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64.iso) worked. First tried the live version and then installed, both went smooth. However another problem came up, there is no access to the internet, it wont access any internet page. When installing, a message popped up saying that the network is probably not using DHCP protocol and later when asked if i am installing from a netinst CD to choose a mirror i chose no. I would very much like your experience if i did anything wrong and to set it properly.

More
06 Jun 2019 23:25 #136127 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Crashing
You have some more pressing issues with that PC.
Your processors are getting way to hot so they are throttling down to protect them from burning , so check the fan and if the fan is spinning you will have to remove the cooler and clean it and reseat it.
Also the DMA is having problems all over, that might be from the processor refusing to procces information due to overheating, but those two issues together point to a possible problem with power supply/ VRM. Check for blown up capacitor heads.
In any case, do not use that PC to control any big or expensive machine.

More
07 Jun 2019 11:21 - 07 Jun 2019 12:05 #136193 by m.bofi
Today was quite a day. I tried to resolve the hardware issues. At first i changed paste of CPU which hadn't been changed for at least 5 years cause it was like concrete, to resolve the overheating issue, and i think it was a hit. Tried Debian wheezy live version got the same pixelated screen. Then i changed sata HDD because there was am indication of it being damaged, got the same screen. My last chance of a usable pc was a GPU problem. Downgraded to a Geforce 6600 LE, but long story short, 4 hours now, after 5 reboots and everything runs smoothly, memtest came up clean.
Is there a test you would suggest to check the system (cpu temperature etc.)? However the weird Internet behavior continues... for example i have access to linuxcnc forum, youtube, wikipedia, gmail but not linuxcnc.org, yahoo, github, kathimerini.gr (newspaper site from my country-Greece), i get "Server not found". I can't understand what is going on, and i am sure its not a network problem since i connect my win10 laptop to the same network and it's all good. Any thoughts?
Thank you all for your help!
Last edit: 07 Jun 2019 12:05 by m.bofi.

More
17 Jun 2019 04:53 #137091 by watsson
Replied by watsson on topic Crashing
I was also tru=ying to install Linux on my PC while running the process, it was showing that there is a TFGHT error. I have searched a lot on the Internet about the error and finally, epson error code 0xf3 resolve the entire issue.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds