Newer debian versions.

More
08 Nov 2019 03:48 #149901 by lrak
Newer debian versions. was created by lrak
I'm in the process of testing hardware and digging through information here. I noticed that the install is using wheezy - so I did some digging and there appears to be some problem with the newer kernels? Or not?

Everything I will do will go through Ethernet - not using the printer port - not doing step-pulse generation - so I think I wouldn't need anything other than the preempt_rt ? Don't think I should need the other RTAI running?

I know how to build Debian packages - I've been using a Debian desktop from back in the potato days.. but I figure there are probably problems? Any reason not to just build this under buster? I don't see any debian bugs about linux-image-4.19.0-5-rt-amd64 .

Any problems with Ethernet kernel modules? I'm most likely missing something, but in my mind LinuxCNC can be run two ways - with the PP doing step generation or as a servo controller giving commands to an H-bridge with a lot less time critical pressure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2019 05:25 #149905 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Newer debian versions.
There is a Stretch ISO available.

More
08 Nov 2019 13:01 #149914 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Newer debian versions.
In fact, if you are using Ethernet hardware you _must_ use the stretch / uspace version.

As detailed on the Downloads Page
The following user(s) said Thank You: spma

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds