Installing Additional Dependencies

More
04 Jan 2020 06:09 - 04 Jan 2020 11:06 #153966 by ytiuqibu
Having got a preempt RT kernel to boot thanks to following AgentWD40's method I have begun installing the Mint 19 LinuxCNC.
At the point of dpkg-checkbuilddeps I get the following error:
Unmet build dependencies: libaw7-dev libncurses-dev docbook-xsl libglu1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-dev | libgl1-mesaswx11-dev intltool

I understand that I can use sudo apt-get install -y to begin installing these dependencies but do not know what I have to do to include the | between libgl1-mesa-dev and libgl1-mesaswx11-dev nor the significance of the final intltool.

Advice from those with greater experience would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 11:06 by ytiuqibu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2020 10:13 - 04 Jan 2020 10:18 #153974 by ytiuqibu
An answer to a similar question on Stack Exchange suggests the pipe represents 'or' making it appropriate to install just one of the two alternative packages. A further search suggests that intltool is another package. Since the pipe is between the two mesa packages I am going to take the plunge and install the first of the two and hope this will resolve all the necessary dependencies. We don't have a mesa card anyway.

That seemed to work - at least no installation errors.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 10:18 by ytiuqibu.

More
08 Jan 2020 17:33 #154325 by andypugh

Since the pipe is between the two mesa packages I am going to take the plunge and install the first of the two and hope this will resolve all the necessary dependencies. We don't have a mesa card anyway..

You might not need either, in reality.
This "Mesa" is not related to Mesa cards, it is mesa graphics:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_(computer_graphics)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds