Need Help: Mesa 5i25 w/ 7i76

More
25 Mar 2020 02:28 #161390 by Fisher
Replied by Fisher on topic Need Help: Mesa 5i25 w/ 7i76
@tommylight I Edited the ini and set p to 1000 for all axis. I deleted all instances of maxerror from the .hal file as well. I also had the servo thread at 1,000,000 not 100,000. The machine seemed "normal" if not better. I ran a program on it and cut a part that I have been making a lot of recently. Good news, is that it ran the entire program with out promoting the

hm2/hm2_5I25.0: SMART SERIAL PORT 0: Dolt not cleared from pervious servo thread. Servo thread rate probably too fast. This message will not be repeated, but the hm2_5i25.0.sserial.0.fault-count pin will indicate if this is happening frequent -- error.

I'm guessing that changing the actual servo period to 1,000,000 is what cleared this error. I'm still not sure what deleting the max error and changing the p values did. So basically at this point the machine will home its self, run programs with out errors, everything seemingly works, the parts are just coming out .050" over what they are modeled from. Thanks for all the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2020 03:06 #161392 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Need Help: Mesa 5i25 w/ 7i76
The P value is calculated by pncconf based on the specified servo thread period
a value higher than 2/servo-thread-period (> 2000 at 1000,000 ns) will be unstable
and cause position oscillations.

Probably pncconf should not allow changes in the servo period without a warning

Over what distance is the 0.050" error?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

More
25 Mar 2020 03:27 #161393 by Fisher
Replied by Fisher on topic Need Help: Mesa 5i25 w/ 7i76
Thanks for the help and explanation, I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around all this the best I can. The .050" deviation is over 1.5" in x axis. Tomorrow I'm going to run some simple square and circle cuts over a larger area to try and figure out if the error is a result of bad cam work or a machine setting. I'm using fusion 360, which I have had great success with on my other linuxcnc machine. Now there are two post processors emc2 and linuxcnc, a few years back it was just emc2. So I hope I'm not using the wrong post.

Now that I've got the servo thread error ironed out I'm thinking this may be a scaling issue . I didn't want to completely disassemble the gantry on this machine, so I deductively calculated the pulley ratio using a daily indicator. I will double check that the scale factor / ratio is indeed correct.

More
27 Mar 2020 12:13 #161700 by andypugh

Fisher wrote: Now there are two post processors emc2 and linuxcnc, a few years back it was just emc2. So I hope I'm not using the wrong post.

They may well be the same PP with a different name. Autodesk were rather slow on the uptake when LinuxCNC changed its name.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds