upgrade from ahha system

More
26 Apr 2020 01:29 #165605 by oldbutnew
I have an Ahha system which has been acting really weird and there is no support of any kind for awhile now. The computer is running a Pentium MMX cpu. When the Ahha system was installed it required that all windows stuff be deleted so that it was running on a very clean DOS system.

This computer has a 3.5" floppy drive and a CD drive. I have a CD with Ubuntu on it supplied by a friend. How do I get this old computer to boot from the CD?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2020 01:44 #165608 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic upgrade from ahha system
The short answer is: you can not.
The long one is : You would need a boot floppy with drivers for the cd rom, and even then it will not boot modern CD/DVD. But it will boot old Cd's.
There is no way i can think of to use that except DOS, so do a search for turbocnc, it was a free DOS machine controller that can work on it.
Did a bit of searching, does your PC have an add on card connected to the controller or is it using a parallel port ?
If parallel port, then ditch that and get a newish PC, new software and much easier to work with.
I could not find any info about the add on card except that is was an ISA one and that can do steps faster than parallel port.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds