How to install XHC−WHB04B−6 component into LinuxCNC 2.8?

More
15 Aug 2020 09:24 #178252 by nyholku
I'm totally new to LinuxCNC so I will need some hand holding.

I just installed (thanks tommylight) linuxcnc 2.8

I would like to run the XHC−WHB04B−6 in standalone mode.

But I cannot find it.

Google found some discussions about this but after having burned fingers a few times exploring random instructions on forums I would first like to know where should I look for this and instructions?

As a first stage it would be great to just find a pre-compiled version but I would eventually want to add some debug prints to the code so I would love to be able to compile the code from source too.

wbr Kusti
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
15 Aug 2020 12:32 #178271 by nyholku
Thanks. I had of course found those myself and read them through and that is what actually prompted my question :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Aug 2020 14:57 #178293 by tommylight

Thanks. I had of course found those myself and read them through and that is what actually prompted my question :)

Oh well, sorry i could not be of more help, but i never used one of those pendants.

More
15 Aug 2020 16:54 #178302 by nyholku
No worries, thank you for you help, it has been very helpful, I'm now able to compile 2.8 and I'm confident I will find and compile the WHB04B code too.

More
17 Aug 2020 04:20 #178460 by nyholku
For the record, I was able to build from source and finf the xhc-whb04b-6 standalone component which is what I was looking for.

I used these instruction and they worked out of the box even if it was a lengthy and slow process.

github.com/KurtJacobson/RF45-CNC/wiki/Bu...LinuxCNC-From-Source

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds