cursor jumping around problem

More
11 Nov 2020 08:40 #188963 by raychar
I installed Linuxcnc 2.8.0 for a month and recently the gmoccapy screen was used as well. At the first few days there was no problem, Until yesterday, the cursor was not being controlled and jumped randomly, also some programs were being clicked, loaded and opened; liked the internet browser or some file folders. As the computer is dual boot, I switch to Windows Vista, there is no such happening at all, all hardwares including the touchscreen are normal. Can anybody can help to resolve my problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2020 08:51 #188967 by cmorley
sounds like interference when the machine is running.
is the touch screen USB? try unplugging the USB cable see if things improve.

Chris

More
11 Nov 2020 13:39 #188991 by raychar
Thanks, after unplugging the touch screen usb, the problem went. But then the Gmoccapy has no touch screen for use. By the way, why there is no such problem in Windows O,

More
11 Nov 2020 13:40 #188993 by raychar
Windows OS.

More
11 Nov 2020 19:17 #189025 by cmorley
When windows OS is running is the machine running?

Now that you have a good idea what the problem is you can try to find the source of the problem by running linuxcnc but unpowering noisy sources such as VFDs.

Ground wires are important - if this has changed recently then may a ground wire has lost contact?

Routing of step driver wires is a large source of interference.

I believe there are isolated USB cable available too.
Others can gave you better advice - the plasma guys should have this figured out.

Chris

More
11 Nov 2020 20:40 #189035 by tommylight
Recently i had issues with one of the machines i have built where the monitor, an Eizo 24", would blank off and eventually stop turning on completely when the torch was fired. After some digging turned out the 27 Euro Display Port cable was causing it and replacing it with a 13 Euro one got rid of the issue. The other issue was with a PS/2 mouse that would after a while run to the upper right side and stay there wobbling in place and showing the context menu on and off. Replaced with an older Dell USB mouse.
On plasma machines using shielded cables and properly grounded power cables is imperative, on everything.
You can get away with unshielded cables going to stepper motors only and only if the torch cable does not go in parallel with them.

More
12 Nov 2020 08:58 #189094 by raychar
my diy machine is cnc milling and not the plasma type. To tackle the problem, with doing fair comparison of the operating systems; Windows OS vs Linux Debian, the cnc hardwares and their powers were being turned off, only computer and monitor screen were on. Why the problem occurs in the latter OS(or so serious)?

This didn't happened when Debian and Axis GUI screen were firstly installed and used, even though when Gmoccapy firstly used, problem occurred seldom, just cursor automatically moved around itself once in 5 to 10 mins interval Just until i added two more; the 4th and 5th axis DROs on this screen and connect signal wires of the two more stepper drivers to 7i76e mesa card inputs, however, those drivers were not yet connected with power and motors, all the cables are of shield type, shield wires ends were left not connected, the happening came non-stopping!

What it gives me the thinking is ...some virus went to the Linux program at the touch screen program portion,,,kidding? don't know?..Or, i need to take time to do the backward process to delete what i had done before the happening occurred in order to tackle it,

More
12 Nov 2020 09:31 #189096 by raychar
some eight years ago, i built a diy EDM machine, at that time of years, cheap DRO electronic modules for XYZ axis were not easily available in market and arduino was not yet learnt and was so popular, i built the corresponding circuit and program on a mcu and the breadboards. After the sparking process, the coming out digits always couldn't go back the home zero digit. There was the cause by the interference. However, how hard the cables were shielded and components were protected, the problem couldn't be fixed. Latter on, I knew or guessed that the breadboard was the issue, it has only two layers, unlike the commercial one has 4 in minimum, of which two were purely for ground and dc voltage, so as to sandwich the copper routing tracks path in between to inhibit the cause by interference, The projects was left unfixed. Times passed, if it needs to be continues, much needs to be done all over from beginning again.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds