Nyko PS3 gamepad - works fine in 4.09, D pad stops working in 4.19

More
26 Jan 2021 22:53 #196674 by The Feral Engineer
Title pretty much sums it up. Not sure what changed in the driver for this gamepad, but with the 4.9 kernel version, my Nyko PS3 controller works perfectly, in 4.19.0.0 bpo 13, the D pad doesn't get configured properly. It shows up as a separate device and it doesn't respond at all. Being that the drivers are all compiled, I can't even compare the driver files to see what may have changed. It just comes up as a generic USB controller as there is no Nyko specific driver available, although there seems to be some uncompiled hid-sony.c files on the internet with nyko control built into them, but I wouldn't even know where to begin with all of that malarkey.

Some of you guys are whirlwind experts in this stuff, I'm just a machine tool AE. Any ideas on how to alleviate this issue? (just shy of getting a new gamepad, that is :lol: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2021 23:25 #196678 by tommylight
Might not be what you want but revert back to 4.09.
The thing is you might waste a week or two compiling and fixing and might or might not get it to work.
There is no noticeable difference between 4.09 and 4.19, some new hardware drivers, but that's about it. That also means it might not have some older hardware drivers...

More
26 Jan 2021 23:29 #196679 by The Feral Engineer

Might not be what you want but revert back to 4.09.
The thing is you might waste a week or two compiling and fixing and might or might not get it to work.
There is no noticeable difference between 4.09 and 4.19, some new hardware drivers, but that's about it. That also means it might not have some older hardware drivers...

Pretty much what I've done. I was just poking around to see if there was a performance difference after my headaches with the u700 yesterday. I was only yesterday years old when I discovered I could use different kernel versions, so I was running a version of deb9 instead of 10, thinking that the entire os was to blame. Still pretty green to this stuff, but I'm picking it up pretty okay.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds