What is this bad archive mirror error

More
27 Jul 2021 15:41 - 27 Jul 2021 15:47 #216057 by rayanrego
    I am installing via usb dual boot, installing graphical and getting this error. I am from India and am not able to proceed further, Could anyone please help, also attached the image  
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2021 15:47 by rayanrego. Reason: image added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2021 16:14 #216059 by BigJohnT
Try selecting a mirror in your country or a different mirror.

JT

More
01 Aug 2021 00:18 #216539 by andypugh
Which Debain version are you installing?

More
03 Aug 2021 18:08 #216856 by Vojta333
I have same problem, i tryed to install  2.8.2  and 2.8.0 freshlly downloaded from websites. I used Rufus to burn it to USB flash disk (no problem), when i insert it to computer (Dell 7010) and try live version everything work great, latency test and even internet. But when i try to install it and have connected internet cable to computer, installer freeze for 10 minutes (same behavior when i tryed to install on my main computer). When i disconect internet cable it show that no network was found and proceed to next step. 

It seems that everything is installed but then i get same error as shown in picture above. When i want to proceed without this step it stop on next step "GRUB installation failed"

I noticed that everywhere is "-amd64" (on live version etc.) but i have intel CPU, did i done something wrong ??

More
03 Aug 2021 19:16 #216859 by tommylight
Try installing the official ISO without internet, worked every time before.
And amd64 is OK for intel, well it is the only one for 64 bit intel but the AMD name stuck to it as AMD was the first to officialy sell 64 bit cpu.

More
05 Aug 2021 11:43 #216967 by Vojta333
By "official" you mean linuxcnc.org/downloads/ ?
I tryed that "LinuxCNC 2.8.2 Debian 10 Buster PREEMPT-RT ISO", but with no luck.
I tryed to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with no problem, same proces, download on windwos computer, burn to USB with Rufus boot and install, no problem at all. I only think that i saw some error lines when booting but they disapear so quickly that i didn't even had time to recognise what is going on.

So it's there some easy way how to instal LinuxCNC on already installed Linux (Ubuntu, but i can try to install other one) ??

More
06 Aug 2021 09:36 #217034 by tommylight
There is a tutorial on installing Mint 20 on the forum, "installing LinuxCNC" section, worked on ubuntu also.

More
08 Aug 2021 08:35 #217194 by rodw
I suspect you do not have internet. Perhaps a driver did not install for your network card. I saw that on the weekend. What PC and do you know what ethernet chip is used?

More
11 Aug 2021 00:13 #217444 by andypugh

So it's there some easy way how to instal LinuxCNC on already installed Linux (Ubuntu, but i can try to install other one) ??

This is for Precise, but should work for other Ubunti. 

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/getting-start...ng_on_ubuntu_precise

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds