Problem with network connection

More
22 Dec 2022 21:40 #260113 by acourtjester
A new problem has come up, with starting QTPlasmaC I am running running Debian 11.  I was having intermittent errors which I thought were Latency related.  I an using a Dell optiplex 790 SSF computer research states changing the BIOS would help.  Removing Hyperthreading, audio would reduce the Latency, so I did uncheck them.  I now get an error on start up of QTPlasmaC see attached, which states "Network Unreachable".  I went back into the BIOS and did reset defaults, to remove any changes.  This is not fix the error.  In the network setup in LinuxCNC is shows "Cable Unhooked", just to be sure I replaced the cable,no help. the address for the card is 10.10.10.1 and in Pncconf I have 10.10.10.10   Attached is a Zip file with the Hal, Ini and other related files for the QTPlasmaC.
I hope you have an answer to me it looks like something in one of the files needs to changed.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2022 22:05 #260116 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Problem with network connection
What does the command:

ip a

report?

More
22 Dec 2022 22:22 #260117 by acourtjester
Thanks for the reply,  New to this I assume you what me to type that into a terminal window so here is what it showed.
Attachments:

More
22 Dec 2022 22:53 #260121 by PCW
No carrier indicates a connection issue

Is the Ethernet card powered and connected?

(does it have its link lights illuminated?)

More
23 Dec 2022 03:07 #260138 by acourtjester
Yes sir it is built on the Motherboard, and selected in the BIOS, no reason for it not working

More
23 Dec 2022 03:22 #260139 by PCW
I meant the Ethernet FPGA card

More
23 Dec 2022 14:24 #260152 by acourtjester
Ok You are correct when running thing through my head last night it seemed the lights on the board did not look right. Today I went to the shop and pulled the connector for the tables switches and QTPlasmaC started up fine. I will need to find the reason for the power drop for that side of the board. (+24 volt).
My troubleshooting went down a rabbit hole with the changes in the BIOS
Toooo cold today. Thanks for the reply

Time to create page: 2.266 seconds