How to start the desktop

More
14 Apr 2023 17:27 - 14 Apr 2023 19:27 #269013 by Wesleyooms
Hi all,Thanks for having me on the forum. I have probably a very basic question but I cannot find the answer anywhere so sorry for the inconvenience.I downloaded the 2.8.4 version of LinuxCNC and used rufus to put it on usb stick. If i now boot my Beelink GK mini pc with it, I first see the LinuxCNC logo and after pressing enter the Debian startup screen. After a minute or so, I get into an ash shell BusyBox v1.30.1. But how do I now continue? I have no desktop. If i type help i get the standard commands like . : [ [[ alias bg break cd chdir etc, but no clear way to get further. Did the boot just fail? or do I have to type something? I already tried 'start' and 'linuxcnc', but these commands don't exist. At least not in the current search path.Thanks for anyone who can help me further. I have a bit of software skill, but I'm by no means an expert.Edit:I get an error message saying boot failed; unable to find a medium containing a live file system. Is that because it's on a usb drive and not a cd-rom? see attached photo for error message.drive.google.com/file/d/1cUfnK6B8aYbzyUK...PG0/view?usp=sharing
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2023 19:27 by Wesleyooms. Reason: new information on error report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2023 22:20 #271476 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic How to start the desktop
Anyone know why was this topic deleted?
-
The error is because the installation was done on another disk but the GRUB is installed on this one.
While installing, make sure there are no other drives on the PC, just the one the installation should be and the USB.

More
16 May 2023 23:18 #271489 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic How to start the desktop
BUster won't know UEFI properly. Roll forward to Debian Bookworm.
docs.google.com/document/d/1jeV_4VKzVmOI...diY/edit?usp=sharing

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds