Debian 11 with X32 or X64 software from RaspberryPi imager?

More
14 Sep 2023 16:58 #280760 by Regor
       I followed instructions "Installing LinuxCNC 2.9 on Debian 11" successfully upto debuild -uc -us. The attachment shows the failure around "line 1182". Had that check been OK , the next three files to be installed with Gedbi, were not in build directory or anywhere I could find. There were some "uspace files" but name was incorrect.

The DEB file didn't show itself above the build file. There was debian file but not a DEB.
     Question is:
X32 or X64 software?
2.8 or 2.9 LinuxCNC?

This was the most sucessful tease I have had in a year or more trying to install LinuxCNC.
Thanks for your review. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2023 19:13 #280768 by cornholio
drive.google.com/file/d/11FDs7H5EUx2_eSr...VDQ/view?usp=sharing

Prebuilt Rpi 4 image based on Debian Bookworm, you’ll need at least a 16gb card.
User: cnc
Password: cnc
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
14 Sep 2023 20:30 #280776 by Regor
The link does not exist on Google drive.

More
14 Sep 2023 20:38 #280777 by rodw
At a guess, you are missing a dependency:  libboost-python-dev 
But the reason why I built the image Cornholio has linked to was there are too many dead ends like you are experincing.
So I built an image builder based on best practice that includes Linuxcnc build from source that runs on a PC not a Pi.
The download is only a week or so old so its current.
The builder is here github.com/rodw-au/rpi-img-builder-lcnc/tree/linuxcnc

More
14 Sep 2023 20:42 #280778 by Regor
I stand corrected. The *.zip downloaded from the forum site. Now on to the builder to install on SD card; I think.

Thanks

More
14 Sep 2023 20:51 #280780 by rodw
Just burn the download directly to a SD card with balena etcher or the raspberry rpi-imager
There is nothing to do . Its ready to run.

More
16 Sep 2023 23:08 #280957 by Regor
I have downloaded the file drive.google.com/file/d/11FDs7H5EUx2_eSr...VDQ/view?usp=sharing
To my win 11 desktop Lenovo. Using an SD card 32 GB with a fat 32 format, I fed the file as received to Balenaetcher and of course used the SD card as target . When I put SD card in the RPi 4 with 4GB ram, I got a few lines of "terminal" print and then rapid blinking gray screen. Exactly the same outcome using RPI imager.
I believe you said your file was intended for a PC. This means I have been expecting a miracle that will not happen. This "image" is not going to run on RPi of any species.

More
16 Sep 2023 23:29 #280960 by rodw
Thats exactly what happens to me on my 4 year old Pi 4b to yet its worked for others. I put it down to a hardware issue as I've had problems with this pi before. I dont have an answer for you.

More
17 Sep 2023 05:55 #280979 by cornholio

I have downloaded the file drive.google.com/file/d/11FDs7H5EUx2_eSr...VDQ/view?usp=sharing
To my win 11 desktop Lenovo. Using an SD card 32 GB with a fat 32 format, I fed the file as received to Balenaetcher and of course used the SD card as target . When I put SD card in the RPi 4 with 4GB ram, I got a few lines of "terminal" print and then rapid blinking gray screen. Exactly the same outcome using RPI imager.
I believe you said your file was intended for a PC. This means I have been expecting a miracle that will not happen. This "image" is not going to run on RPi of any species.

That image file is intended for an RPi.

You can try this, this is one of the images I'm running on my RPi 4.
drive.google.com/file/d/1Ve6LismgxL0OfYu.../view?usp=drive_link
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds