• elevalther
  • elevalther's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Nov 2010 04:08 #5127 by elevalther
problems with installing emc2 was created by elevalther
Hi folk Iḿ totally newbee.

Today I just installed th ubuntu 10.04, and it seems with success
but now I have tried to install the EMC2.and I get mostly the whole way, I get to step 4 I key in my password, and a window pop with a lotś lines running for about 2 minuts, with a percentigs in the lower right corner, and when it finsh the whole process just seems to stop, I newer got to step 5.
any there can help me??

* Step 1: Install Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx (for 32-bit) or 8.04 Hardy Heron (for 32- or 64-bit). Other versions of Ubuntu will not work with EMC2 as there are no packages designed to work with them.
* Step 2: Once you have installed Ubuntu , get the install script from here: lucid-install or here: hardy-install, choose "Save to Disk" and click OK.
* Step 3: Now an emc2-install.sh icon will appear on your Desktop. Right-click that icon, select Properties. Go to the Permissions tab and check the box for Owner: Execute. Close the Properties window.
* Step 4: Now double-click the emc2-install.sh icon, and select "Run in Terminal". A terminal will appear and you will be asked for your password.
* Step 5: When the installation asks if you are sure you want to install the EMC2 packages, hit Enter to accept. Now just allow the install to finish.
* Step 6: When it is done, you must reboot (System > Log Out > Restart the Computer) - once you have rebooted you can run EMC2 by selecting it on the Applications > CNC menu.
* Step 7: If you aren't ready to set up a machine configuration, try the sim-AXIS configuration; it runs a "simulated machine" that requires no attached hardware.

Now that the initial installation is done, Ubuntu will prompt you when updates of EMC2 or its supporting files are available. When they are, you can update them easily and automatically with the Update Manager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2010 11:41 #5129 by BigJohnT
The simplest way to get EMC is to download the LiveCD from this web site and use it to install Ubuntu and EMC at the same time.

John

More
12 Feb 2011 14:42 #7160 by Jan Slos
That's OK if you need to install a new UBUNTU, but, I have UBUNTU on my PC with lots of programs, I do not want to loose them with the new installation. How can one install only EMC2???

More
13 Feb 2011 10:57 #7168 by Rick G

More
13 Feb 2011 12:20 #7169 by Jan Slos
Thanks all, problem solved, found an answer on the russian forum, downloaded the file emc2-install.sh and installed EMC2 this way, works fine.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds