2.9.3 ISO Issue

More
21 Jul 2024 12:03 - 21 Jul 2024 12:04 #305781 by rodw
2.9.3 ISO Issue was created by rodw
I ran the 2.9.3 installer today and noticed it was installing an old version of linuxcnc.
I've sent a PR to the powers that be that should fix it but in the meantime if you are using 2.9.3 please enter these commands at install time

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

This will upgrade to 2.9.3
Last edit: 21 Jul 2024 12:04 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparkman61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2024 10:38 #305845 by sprintertrd
Replied by sprintertrd on topic 2.9.3 ISO Issue
Hi Rod,
I got caught by this while testing JT's config tool!

More
22 Jul 2024 11:18 #305849 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic 2.9.3 ISO Issue

Hi Rod,
I got caught by this while testing JT's config tool!

Annoying! Ozzyrob has tested my ISO now and it worked. Feel free to grab this
drive.google.com/file/d/1LMwTa6jREfzxM2Z...WVZ/view?usp=sharing

Once Andy is back on deck, I'm hoping he'll be able to update the downloads page image

More
22 Jul 2024 13:59 #305858 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 2.9.3 ISO Issue
There's a little typo in the Mesa section:
  1. Ping the mesa card to confirm it's all working
    ping 10.10.10.1

(should be 10.10.10.10)

Also the network setup stuff (other than perhaps the IP address)
also applies to any other UDP connected device (Remora on EC500 etc)

More
22 Jul 2024 19:18 #305865 by rodw
Thanks Peter. I have updated this document which explains how to get the most out of your PC hardware when using Bookworm or Trixie.
docs.google.com/document/d/1jeV_4VKzVmOI...diY/edit?usp=sharing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparkman61

More
28 Jul 2024 22:38 - 28 Jul 2024 22:51 #306287 by rdtsc
Replied by rdtsc on topic 2.9.3 ISO Issue
I think I was able to update 2.9.2 to 2.9.3 successfully using sudo apt update.  However, today I'm getting a key error:
Get:7 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12 ./ InRelease [1,575 B]
Hit:8 https://www.linuxcnc.org bookworm InRelease                        
Err:7 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12 ./ InRelease
  The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG A94819A7CB97A204 science:EtherLab OBS Project <science:EtherLab@build.opensuse.org>
Fetched 1,575 B in 3s (564 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12 ./ InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG A94819A7CB97A204 science:EtherLab OBS Project <science:EtherLab@build.opensuse.org>
W: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science:/EtherLab/Debian_12/./InRelease  The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG A94819A7CB97A204 science:EtherLab OBS Project <science:EtherLab@build.opensuse.org>
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

This key error is really odd because that repo is not listed in /etc/apt/sources.list.  Oh wait, found it under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ighvh.sources. Seems it may have something to do with our  EtherCAT? build.opensuse.org/projects/science:EtherLab/prjconf

Looking further, they have a page for the key: build.opensuse.org/projects/science:EtherLab/signing_keys  and a link there to download an "armored version" of a supposedly newer key (says it now expires in two years.)

Thinking maybe if that key were updated, things would improve, researched how to add it and did the following:
1. Downloaded the latest `science_EtherLab_key.gpg` to `~/Downloads`
2. cd there, then `gpg --dearmor science_EtherLab_key.gpg`, which created a `science_EtherLab_key.gpg.gpg` file.
3. `su` to temporarly be root, do `cp science_EtherLab_key.gpg.gpg /usr/share/keyrings/etherlab-archive-keyring.gpg` which copies the file into the appropriate system folder.
4. `exit` to quit root.  Try `sudo apt update` again: nope, keysig still invalid.

As a temporary work-around (I'm not using EtherCAT), `sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ighvh.sources /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ighvh.sources.disabled` will disable that source and the resulting error. But this should be investigated properly for the next .iso (if it hasn't already.)
Last edit: 28 Jul 2024 22:51 by rdtsc.

More
More
28 Jul 2024 23:45 #306294 by rodw
Yes, they seem to have broken something with a new version. I have logged an issue and have received a reply. It will get sorted.
We add their repos to apt sources as a convenience to users that use ethercat. The error should have no affect (unless you need ethercat)

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds