USB ports quit working?

More
08 Sep 2024 02:11 #309624 by spumco
(I know this problem isn't really about LCNC, but this forum is full of clever people who know way more about linux and computers than I do.)

Final testing of my ATC (rev2) and getting an error when I try to run M6 Tn via g-code.  M6 Tn works fine via MDI.

Error message was something about remap, pointed to emccannon.CHANGE_TOOL() not matching c++?  Cryptic, backstage code stuff I didn't understand.

Poked around a bit and discovered stdglue.py has been updated since I last updated LCNC, so tried running apt update/upgrade.  Failed due to some broken dependency.

Restart computer and now none of my USB ports work once the desktop has started.  Keyboard works at first boot - can select a kernel or recovery mode - but once the desktop starts I've got no way to do anything.  No mouse, no keyboard.  Unplugging/replugging doesn't fix.

Any ideas?  Even if I have to re-install everything I still need to get my latest config off the drive... it's got all the INI and HAL tweaks I've done in the past week for the ATC.

[Debian 12, 6.6.15-rt-amd, Xfce]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2024 02:17 #309625 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic USB ports quit working?
If it helps, this is what's displayed when starting in recovery mode.
Attachments:

More
08 Sep 2024 03:54 #309628 by spumco
Ok, nevermind.  Was able to get the files off using a live-usb.  Going to reinstall Debian and start with a clean slate.

More
08 Sep 2024 11:28 #309646 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic USB ports quit working?
Sorry, was sleeping! :)
ls <<< list in linux, so
lsusb <<< will list usb devices
ls <<< lists files in current folder
lsblk <<< lists block devices like HDD and USB flash
lscpu <<< lists processors
lspci <<< lists PCI device's
Etc
-
Although with Debian, i would just reinstall, it still has some strange failures at random, like disapearing panels...
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
08 Sep 2024 14:49 #309666 by spumco
Thanks anyway Tommy.  Wouldn't have helped - keyboard & mouse quit working past the GRUB screen.  No way to type in "ls" comands or anythign else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
08 Sep 2024 15:01 #309670 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic USB ports quit working?
Yeah, i keep several PS2 keyboards around, just in case. :)
Although most PC i have do not have PS2... I miss that, no latency, not really noticeable except when gaming on arena shooters.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds