MESA Cards to Panasonic MINAS A6 Driver Troubleshooting Help

More
09 Jul 2022 16:04 #246956 by ezpz13
Hello tommylight,

I swapped the X and Z connectors on the MESA board, and the same thing happens. The Z (now connected as X) still only moves downwards but not upwards, but the X (now connected as Z) still moves both ways.

However, I noticed that there is no voltage dropping when jogging the Z (now connected as X) in the upward direction (makes sense since the motor isn't moving), and there is a voltage drop when jogging it downwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2022 16:12 #246957 by tommylight
OK, that is good and not good ! :)
Now do the same things, but change the connectors on the drives side, leave Mesa connectors as they are.
If the issue goes with the cable, redo the wiring of connectors.
If the issue remains in the drive, double check the drive parameters, see if there are any other settings that might cause that type of issue, like if the drive has inputs for limits and one of those limits is triggered ( it can be triggered without a switch attached) it will not let the drive jog in one direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ezpz13

More
12 Jul 2022 00:51 #247114 by ezpz13
Hello tommylight,

Thank you!! It was the wiring of the connectors. One of the pins I soldered had come apart. Rewiring it fixed the issue.

I'm currently working on setting up my limit switches. I have these optical ones:
www.fctaiwan.com/en/Productdetail.asp?Ca...yId=76&ProductId=119

My specific model is: FC-SPX307Z

This is a 4 wire optical limit switch. I couldn't find much information about this model and the proper wiring configuration for NO/NC. Either way, I have 2 for each axis (1 as shared home+minimum limit and other as maximum limit). After connecting them to the 7i76 input pins, I can see they are properly powered. I modified my PNCconf to set these input pins. I tried doing "HOME ALL", but the axis keeps goes past the limit switch and doesn't stop. I set it up to move in the correct direction for homing, but I don't think that the limit switch triggering is sending any signal back to LinuxCNC. Could this be a PNCconf issue or something to do with the physical wiring of the limit switch?

More
12 Jul 2022 14:04 - 12 Jul 2022 17:09 #247144 by tommylight
Ignore the white wire, then it is the same as any proximity sensor, Blue to -, Brown to +, Black to input.
If you have NPN ones you might need to add a pull up resistor between the Black and the Brown+ wires. A 2.2Kohm or 3.3Kohm should do just fine.
Edited
Also, to check the sensors, open the "show hal configuration" from the machine menu, on the left find the input pins and on the right choose the "show" tab. Do not try to home without making sure the sensors are working.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2022 17:09 by tommylight. Reason: removed wrong info
The following user(s) said Thank You: ezpz13

More
12 Jul 2022 15:22 #247156 by PCW
That 7I76D has the same inputs as a 7I76, only the outputs are different
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Jul 2022 17:08 #247167 by tommylight

That 7I76D has the same inputs as a 7I76, only the outputs are different

Cr@p, i new i was messing something up! :(
Corrected the above post.

More
16 Jul 2022 22:00 - 16 Jul 2022 22:04 #247507 by ezpz13
Hello tommylight and PCW,

Thank you for the replies!

After messing around with the wiring, I found the following to work:
Brown to +, Blue to -, White to input, and a resistor connecting white to brown.

I'm currently trying to attach a heat lamp to my setup. I want to connect to an output pin of the 7i76 board to a relay, so that a HIGH output from the pin will turn on the heat lamp and a LOW output will turn off the heat lamp.

I want to configure it such that when the extruder is printing and the axes are in motion, the heat lamp should be off, and when the extruder is not printing and the axes are homed, the heat lamp should turn on until the extruder moves and starts printing again.

Is it possible to program the output pin to send out a HIGH output at certain times and a LOW output at others?
Last edit: 16 Jul 2022 22:04 by ezpz13. Reason: Rephrasing

More
16 Jul 2022 23:34 #247517 by tommylight
Inverted mode-is-auto should do that, in hal.

More
19 Jul 2022 23:24 #247798 by ezpz13
Hello tommylight,

Thank you. I will look into inverted mode-is-auto and will post if I have more questions.

Also, I am trying to connect my extruder which is a stepper motor (ViscoTec ViPro Head 3). I have a DM556 stepper driver. I'm thinking of connecting this to the 7i76 via TB4 (spindle) as this might be easier to operate through G/M-code.

I'm connecting 24V and GND as well as A, A/, B, B/ for the extruder side; however, I'm having a little trouble understanding what to do on the 7i76 side. TB4 pins 5,6,7,8 are ENA-, ENA+, DIR-, and DIR+, which correlate to the stepper driver. Do ENA pins work similarly to the PUL pins? If I were to connect the stepper driver to a step gen like my other axes (TB2/3), wouldn't I use the PUL pins instead of ENA pins?

More
19 Jul 2022 23:40 #247800 by PCW
The 7I76 spindle interface (on TB4) is for analog spindle drives (VFDs etc)
it will not interface to step drives, you need to use standard STEP/.DIR outputs
(on TB2 and TB3) for this.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds