Process did not claim interface 0 before use

More
21 Jun 2013 18:34 #35877 by beltramidave
Here is what a search for usbfs found. Now what?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2013 19:03 - 21 Jun 2013 19:04 #35878 by ArcEye
/sys is a virtual filesystem a bit like /proc, that is just where it is mounted.

Reading on this a bit more, I don't think you are going to be able to do anything about it if you keep the touchscreen driver.

Ubuntu 10.04 does not provide usbfs support, which previously would have been mounted at /proc/bus
So there is no kernel module to unload

The libusb library is a wrapper for usbfs, so the Touch Base driver files will be mounting it to provide the services it needs.

The other way to get USB devices working is through udev rules so that it is recognised.
This presumably does not provide the usability that is required or they would have taken that path

If you have to use the driver and the driver authors cannot correct whatever error is being complained of, you may just have to keep your logs as tight as possible
through logrotate etc

I would go back to them again and ask from a position of improved knowledge, how you are supposed to use their drivers,
if they generate unlimited error messages in use and create huge error logs.
They can't be unaware of the situation, they know how their drivers work and that they use usbfs.

Good luck
Last edit: 21 Jun 2013 19:04 by ArcEye.

More
21 Jun 2013 19:59 #35883 by beltramidave
Thank you for your help. I will contact Touch Base again and see what they say and will post back with what I come up with.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds