raspberry PI

More
07 Mar 2015 11:35 #56528 by thor44
raspberry PI was created by thor44
Has anyone used the Raspberry PI computer to run Linuxcnc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2015 19:25 #56532 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic raspberry PI
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...ning-on-raspberry-pi

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...28842-raspberry-pi-2

www.machinekit.io/
They have working SD card images and xenomai debs for ARM

However in general terms, it is of limited practical use and no-one uses them much.
It was intended for media server type applications, hence the HDMI port, there are other ARM boards that are much faster and have way more IO and expansion potential (BBB for instance)

regards

More
03 Aug 2015 19:29 #61140 by viktan
Replied by viktan on topic raspberry PI
I found an article about RaspbianXenomaiBuild, on the botton of page is links for SD image but nowdays both is unavaible.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RaspbianXenomaiBuild

I'm working on custom board for stepper motors with fpga connected with RP2 by SPI. For now I have sd image from machinekit where is linuxcnc and RT-PREEMPT. From hal run in terminal everything works fine, stepping frequency is more than 500kHz (), but when want to run linuxcnc, it crash. Somewhere I saw that Linuxcnc is not working with RT-PREEMPT kernel.

Do you have someone those images with xenomai? Or can someone help me with this? Simply I need SD image with working linuxcnc on rt kernel. I'm new to linux and I have problem with compiling kernel.

Thanks, regards
Viktor

More
03 Aug 2015 20:36 #61141 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic raspberry PI
Hi

You need to stop confusing Linuxcnc and Machinekit.

Machinekit was forked from Linuxcnc and it still says Linuxcnc in a few places (albeit I removed most of them)
but it has diverged to such an extent that configs for Linuxcnc will not run on it as they are.

Linuxcnc does not support ARM processors, Machinekit does.
The wiki you quoted is an independent one, which it appears is no longer maintained.

Machinekit has SD images for rpi, Linuxcnc does not.

If you have a SD image of Machinekit which runs, go to the Machinekit forum and ask what the errors you get when it crashes mean
( you need to capture the exact output of the errors or no-one can help you)

If hal works from the terminal, it is probably just your config is wrong somewhere, but without the exact error....................................

regards

More
05 Aug 2015 18:59 #61162 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic raspberry PI

Linuxcnc does not support ARM processors, Machinekit does.

I think that Jeff is working on it, going by some discussions I have seen, but that would be RT-PREEMPT and even the Pi2 has very poor latency with that in my testing.

You might be able to find useful stuff here: github.com/kinsamanka

And at www.machinekit.io

More
13 Oct 2015 18:32 #63740 by Matko

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds