installing the manual tool change

More
07 Aug 2015 21:49 - 07 Aug 2015 22:58 #61206 by Stonefire
Hi folks

I'm a total newbee in LinuxCnC and nearly too in Ubuntu.
I've been trying to activate the manual too change, without any luck.
I'm sure tha the hardware is working. Just need to set the program up to use it....

Can anyone help me with some kind of toturial, step-by-step, foolproof how to set this function up ? I'm using the latest version og Linuxcnc...

Sincerly
Steen
Last edit: 07 Aug 2015 22:58 by Stonefire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2015 13:13 #61211 by ArcEye
Hi,

Unless you deselected it when producing your config with stepconf, it is already there.

I suspect you need to read the manuals and learn what M6 does.

regards

More
08 Aug 2015 14:15 #61213 by Stonefire
Hi ArcEye

Thanks for your reply.
I think your are right
Late last night I found out that it is a Gladevcp-extension I'm missing.
One that can control the proces of measuring the tool-length and return to the actual job.

It has to very simple to use and install. I don't need one with many options.
Have you any suggestions where I can find one already made?

Sincerly
Steen
Denmark

More
08 Aug 2015 14:39 #61214 by ArcEye
The manual toolchange component is called hal_manualtoolchange and will be installed in /usr/bin

It appears you are talking about some other unspecified program.

There is a version of it that allows jogging whilst paused for tool change, but that does not use gladevcp

You are going to have to be specific about what you are trying to do and with what

regards

More
08 Aug 2015 14:54 #61215 by Stonefire
Hi ArcEye

Okay, thanks. I'll try:

What I want is an option to use my tool-length-sensor, so I can change my tool - and the computer mesaures the new tool-length and adjust it to the right z-coordinat.
The should be some kind of setup, where I can tell the program where to find the probe/sensor, and a button somethin like: "adjusting new tool height".

I have read about the hal_manualtoolchange, but I can figure out how to get some info on the screen.

Hopefully I'm a bit more specific this time ;-)

Sincerly
Steen

More
08 Aug 2015 15:39 #61216 by ArcEye
There are very few 'new' topics.
All things come to he who googles : B)

Use the google search in the left side pane, because that searches the forum and the wikis / docs etc

Starter for 10
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...a-manual-tool-change

The should be some kind of setup, where I can tell the program where to find the probe/sensor, and a button somethin like: "adjusting new tool height".

There can be whatever you want, but unless someone has done it before and published it, it is down to you to implement it

regards

More
08 Aug 2015 15:41 - 08 Aug 2015 16:21 #61217 by cncbasher
theirs also this amongst others

www.probotix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Au...c_Tool_Length_Sensor

also within the examples of linuxcnc is tool-change.ngc , this has information at the top of the file as to how to link your probe switch
you may find it under the subject of remap ,

linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/10-...h-off?start=30#48235

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...h-tool-length-offset
Last edit: 08 Aug 2015 16:21 by cncbasher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonefire

More
08 Aug 2015 17:09 #61218 by Stonefire

There are very few 'new' topics.
All things come to he who googles : B)

Use the google search in the left side pane, because that searches the forum and the wikis / docs etc

Starter for 10
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...a-manual-tool-change

There can be whatever you want, but unless someone has done it before and published it, it is down to you to implement it

regards

Hi ArcEye
Thanks for helping me. I'have already been reading this thread, but when changing the hal_manualtoolchange-file you've uploaded I got an error that "EMC is unknown" in line 7
I did'nt manage to figure it out and put the old file back again...

Sincerly
Steen

More
10 Aug 2015 19:11 #61267 by andypugh

The EMC Corporatio have big scary lawyers who decided that we couldn't use "EMC" to describe the Enhanced Machine Controller.

So, a few years ago we had to change all the "EMC" in the software to "LinuxCNC".

That Python file dates back to before the change.

If you look at line 7 in the .py file you need to change "emc" to "linuxcnc"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonefire

More
20 Aug 2015 03:01 - 20 Aug 2015 03:04 #61564 by cahlfors
Steen,
I think this is what you are referring to:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...ch;hb=refs/heads/2.6
It uses GladeVCP just as you said and remaps M6 to also probe the tool length (you need a sensor...). I have just battled with it myself and finally got it to do the expected operations. I ran into real time issues instead, so I have not managed to conclude my tests.
At M6, it moves to your specified tool change location and prompts you to change to the new tool. You can there click the "reference tool" button and/or "tool changed" button, which will start the probing operation and then continue processing the g-code. Not over engineered in any way, but very easy to understand and use.

/Chris
Last edit: 20 Aug 2015 03:04 by cahlfors.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds