Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: XHC)

08 Nov 2023 20:10 - 08 Nov 2023 20:11

Trajectory Planner using Ruckig Lib

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Build failing again. Can't build linuxcnc using normal make or cmake.

have you done any changes to break the standard /src build? i.e. does it work for you?

I have just spun up a net clean Debian12 VM, cloned the repo, covered all the dependencies and no joy per above.

Not sure what the issue really is.  Appears to be trying to use a directory or open a file in a place it can't?
Warning: Spoiler!

The cmake issue is truely odd.  The same gtk issue as before but the libgtk-3-dev is installed!
08 Nov 2023 19:10

XHC-WH04b USB not detected in front port

Have a similar issue with a XHC-WH04b-6 on 3 industrial mini PCs I got to run my machines. On my case it does not appear in any of the ports with the lsusb command (probably haven't tested all to be fair). Tried a couple of different "rules" file I saw, plus 2 locations (one where the documentations says and other on where the 2.8 install place it).

My guess is that the internal USB hub of the computer is messing with the detection, but I have no idea on how to solve it. Tried the MPG on another old computer that a mate have with a router and it worked fine.

What I have not tried yet is to install the libprotobuf-dev and protobuf-compiler that I saw recently on the source:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...r_comps/xhc-whb04b-6

Now that 2.9.1 is released I will do a fresh install and give a new try.
08 Nov 2023 09:11

XHC-WH04b USB not detected in front port

Hi Guys

I am starting to get into a swap from an older WB04 Pendant to a newer WB04B-4.

I tried the command line testing last night and noticed something really odd. The usb adaptor only apears in lsusb if connected to  rear port on the PC. If plugged into the front port it is not detected  / listed

I then plugged in the old USD adaptor for the WB04 and its apears regardless of which port I was using. 

I did some searching but didnt find anything to help, maybe you guys have a quick tip? I dont want to just blow straight past this and find it was important to my progress later on. 

Thanks Andy
03 Nov 2023 21:39

Replacement HB04 pendant is choppy and inconsistent

I had a simmilar Problem with my XHC wheb I got it a few years back.

Wrote a thread here for my fix.
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...usb-stick-fix#225235

Maybe you have the same Problem aswell.
Took me quite some time to figure this out.
31 Oct 2023 20:48 - 03 Nov 2023 09:33

dpkg-shlibdeps: Error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libmodbus.so

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Unfortunately for my SO need to install version of Lcnc2.9 with python 2.7 ..... build package obtain these error ....
dpkg-shlibdeps: Error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libmodbus.so.5 (used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/vfs11_vfd)

but not find any docs about libmodbus to install on mint 19.03 .... and if build a new version of libmodbus from libmodus git repo, not know where put it for make happy "dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc" command .... run in place install work perfect.

31 Oct 2023 20:21

Update

I checked the output of the pendant using the teminal, thius eliminating my configs and Linuxcnc

What i found was the message

xhc-hb04: connection lost, cleaning up

Is generated randomly but often. As this is the same message you get when the usb is removed and my old pendant worked fine  I am thinking its a fault on the usb device - or something different about this replacement and its interaction with the driver.

Im using linuxcnc v2.8   - I wonder if there have there been any HB04 driver updates that may help?  - or do i just get on and return it to the supplier.

31 Oct 2023 16:07

Spindle control using XHC-WHB04B-6 pendant

Category: Gmoccapy

Can somebody please point me to where I can read about how Gmoccapy operates the spindle. Specifically, how does it take into account the Spindle Starting RPM in Settings (or the parameter [DISPLAY] DEFAULT_SPINDLE_SPEED in the ini file) if S value is not yet specified?

I am asking this because I have an issue with starting the spindle using my pendant: The button to start the spindle activates the spindle through halui.spindle.0.start but if the S value is not yet specified, it sets the speed to 100 RPM (also, if S is specified, it starts the spindle to S+100 RPM which is even more puzzling). This creates all sorts of problems... I would like the pendant to start the spindle the same way as does the Gmoccapy - to the RPMs set in Settings if S is not yet specified or to the S value if specified.

I thought that understanding how Gmoccapy does it will give me an idea how to implement this on my pendant.

Here are the signals related to spindle and the pendant:

net   pdnt.spindle.is-on                           whb.halui.spindle.is-on                           spindle.0.on
net   pdnt.spindle.start                            whb.halui.spindle.start                            halui.spindle.0.start
net   pdnt.spindle.stop                            whb.halui.spindle.stop                             halui.spindle.0.stop
net   pdnt.spindle.forward                       whb.halui.spindle.forward                        halui.spindle.0.forward
net   pdnt.spindle.reverse                       whb.halui.spindle.reverse                        halui.spindle.0.reverse
net   pdnt.spindle.increase                      whb.halui.spindle.increase                      halui.spindle.0.increase      
net   pdnt.spindle.decrease                     whb.halui.spindle.decrease                     halui.spindle.0.decrease      
net   pdnt.spindle-speed-abs                   whb.halui.spindle-speed-cmd                  spindle.0.speed-out-abs         
net   pdnt.spindle-override.scale              whb.halui.spindle-override.scale             halui.spindle.0.override.scale 
net   pdnt.spindle.override.value              halui.spindle.0.override.value                  whb.halui.spindle-override.value
net   pdnt.spindle.override.increase         whb.halui.spindle-override.increase        halui.spindle.0.override.increase
net   pdnt.spindle.override.decrease        whb.halui.spindle-override.decrease       halui.spindle.0.override.decrease  
31 Oct 2023 15:47

XHC-WHB04-4 simulation mode issue

Category: HAL

If I understand correctly, then no need to remove "double links" because you loose functionality in either the pendant or somewhere else where the state of the machine is needed.

Just connect the whb.halui.machine.is-on with the signal in your basic.hal that is connected to the pin halui.machine.is-on. For example, if the signal is named MySignal then:

net MySignal whb.halui.machine.is-on
31 Oct 2023 14:10 - 31 Oct 2023 14:13

Hi All

For years I have been using an XHC HB04 - it was great other than occasionally refusing to power up.  Eventually this became a failure mode.

I purchased another one recently as a direct replacment, testing it today i find:

1. Occasionally the pendant lost connection error comes up - i have to restart LinuxCNC to reconnect the pendant. have tried different usb ports no improvement.
2. The motion is not smooth - its choppy and inconsistent with pauses in motion.
3. Step button doesnt always function, several presses are required - I can see the led light with every press but it might or might not change the step value.

Before I assume its a pendant issue has anyone got any suggestions? 

To be clear my old pendant did not show any of the issues above. 

This new one looks very slighty different to the old one - red power button not silver, black wheel not silver. USB dongle  - slightly different shape.

Thanks for any input.

Andy 

30 Oct 2023 19:29

Jak instalować XHC-WHB04B-6 w linuxcnc 2.8.4 buster

I installed this wedka in linuxcnc 2.8.4 and it works, I did it exactly as talla indicated in the video
29 Oct 2023 20:01

Handrad XHC richtig einbinden in LinuxCNC

Category: Deutsch

Da Pins nur eine Verknüpfung erlauben, aber Signale mehrfach verwendet werden können, geht die Lösung wohl in diese Richtung, würde ich zumindest mal testen.

In maschine hal, um das Signal zu belegen:

net laser_pwm_enable halui.program.is-running

nachher kann das Signal laser_pwm_enable (was ja jetzt halui.program.is-running entspricht) beliebig oft für diverse Zwecke weiterverwendet werden.

net laser_pwm_enable => hm2_7i76e.0.pwmgen.00.enable

und in hal fürs Handbediengerät:

net laser_pwm_enable whb.halui.program.is-running
29 Oct 2023 19:12 - 29 Oct 2023 19:14

Hallo,

danke für die Antwort,

aber dann habe ich doch das gleiche Problem, dass das "whb.halui.program.is-running" bereits vergeben ist.

Einmal im Handrad  #net pdnt.program-is-running whb.halui.program.is-running halui.program.is-running
und in der PWM Laser Enable  net laser_pwm_enable whb.halui.program.is-running

Beste Grüße

Christoph
29 Oct 2023 16:49

Ich würde das Signal
laser_pwm_enable
weiterverwenden, und in hal fürs Handrad Ändern von:
net pdnt.program-is-running whb.halui.program.is-running halui.program.is-running

zu
net laser_pwm_enable whb.halui.program.is-running

29 Oct 2023 15:22

Hallo zusammen,

ich brauche mal wieder eure Hilfe. Ich hatte ganz am Anfang mein XHC Handrad über das Tutorial von Talla83 eingerichtet und das hat auch funktioniert.
Nun hatte ich mir aber noch zusätzlich eine PWM Laserdiode an die Fräse gebaut und ebenfalls mit eingebunden, das Problem ist, dass ich das sich mit dem Handrad kein Jogging ermöglich. Ich kann mit dem Handrad aber Programm starten und bekomme teilweise die Koordinaten angezeigt im Display vom Handrad.

Ich vermute, dass in der LinuxCNCV2.hal hier der Fehler liegt, net laser_pwm_enable halui.program.is-running => hm2_7i76e.0.pwmgen.00.enable, da halui.program.is-running ebenfalls bei der Konfigurationsdatei Handrad vorkommt und ich diese austexten musste.
xhc-whb04b-6.hal  #net pdnt.program-is-running whb.halui.program.is-running halui.program.is-running #*hier geändert*

Die Frage ist wie kann man die halui.prgramm.is-running so ändern dass das Handrad und der Laser damit klar kommen? das leutet mir nicht ein.

Danke Vorab

Christoph

28 Oct 2023 09:42

Jak instalować XHC-WHB04B-6 w linuxcnc 2.8.4 buster

It may not be possible to compile LinuxCNC 2.9 on Debian 9.

LinuxCNC 2.9 is only supported on Debian 10 (Buster) onwards.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MinimumSoftwareVersions

This is due to the versions of Python and Gtk available on each distriution.

It might be possible to compile on Stretch, but it will be a lot more work than upgrading the Debian version would be.
Displaying 181 - 195 out of 197 results.
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds