Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

09 Dec 2023 04:39

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Yep the display is an issue.
I started with downloads.raspberrypi.com/raspios_arm64/...ookworm-arm64.img.xz

Installed XFCE desktop, used the config to use X instead of wayland then built a RT kernel to suit.
09 Dec 2023 04:07
Replied by thadwald on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

By the way, DigiKey has over 2500 pi5 4GB in stock. $60 plus shipping.
09 Dec 2023 04:02

Thanks.
First thing I notice is display is limited to 640 x 480 and I cannot change it via the Display GUI.
09 Dec 2023 02:36
Replied by rodw on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

usr cnc
pw  cnc
09 Dec 2023 01:29

After booting this image, I am greeted by the Debian login screen. What is the username and password?

3 pages back on this topic:
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...pi-5?start=20#285774
09 Dec 2023 00:48 - 09 Dec 2023 00:52

rodw post=285989 userid=20660

Well there is an image here crying out for testing. Its based on the official 2.9.1 image for the PI 4B just compiled for the different BCM2112 board.It should work based on cornhlio's comments.

drive.google.com/file/d/1H_q0Ra-27ZDOhqu...x1f/view?usp=sharing

After booting this image, I am greeted by the Debian login screen. What is the username and password?
08 Dec 2023 10:46

Script for automated testing of computer latency.

Category: Computers and Hardware

It seems that the vimeo page doesn't exist.... Anyone else have this problem? (I could probably search back through the past 14 pages lol )

It is listed on the todo list quite high, among with amd and raspberry temperatures.
I hope to get that done by end of this year
greez
chris
07 Dec 2023 22:30

You'll have to dive into the RP1 as the IO has been moved off the BCM2712, the RPi4 had the IO on the BCM2711.

I had a bit of play but decided to move to another setup.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html

datasheets.raspberrypi.com/rp1/rp1-peripherals.pdf

datasheets.raspberrypi.com/bcm2711/bcm2711-peripherals.pdf

github.com/raspberrypi/utils/tree/master/pinctrl
07 Dec 2023 21:28 - 07 Dec 2023 22:23
Replied by chuckp47 on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

It would be great if you could point me to some appropriate build instructions. I can look at the driver.  I'm plenty familiar with building Linux, but I'd love to have a pointer to the exactly correct repos.  I haven't easily found this on this forum yet.
07 Dec 2023 20:24

Should be ok.
Haven’t tested it myself.
07 Dec 2023 19:50

Hi Cornholio, Stupid question- Lack of I/O support wont affect the 5's ability to run an ethernet card? (I have one on the way, still trying to decide what machine i want to use to drive it) Just my luck that there would be some weird conflict that means its a no-go.
07 Dec 2023 12:57

The driver will need a rewrite, more than likely, due to the I\O being moved to the RP1 chip. So if you want to get into some driver coding go for it.
07 Dec 2023 12:48
Replied by chuckp47 on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

I can spend some time on this. Can we start a DM conversation? I've built Linux deployments before.
07 Dec 2023 10:55
Replied by rodw on topic OPC UA

OPC UA

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Don't malign MQTT to quickly. Its the underlying rechnology  in OPC UA's PubSub.
You have to remember that CNC is a very small subset of the fieldbus world so what we are looking for is not necessarilly what industrial automation engineers want.

Its not necessary to use public MQTT brokers, you can run up Mosquitto broker on Debian from the Debian repositories and host it in house on any linux box. I have done this. One industrial application I have explored is in warehousing where a packing station sends weights and dimensions from a ESP32 device to a MQTT broker and the ERP system can subscribe to that topic and receive detailed shpping data for audit purposes. I have started work on such a system that incorporates a low cost bluetooth tape measure. DHL lost a parcel on me recently and asked me if I had CCTV on my loading dock!

I don't see using Intel NIC's is  a limitation. there is a reason why Beckhof exclusively  uses Intel NIC's in their Ethercat techology.

In my home application, the MQTT broker is hosted on a Raspberry Pi that is also running Home Assistant. HA manages the GUI and controls all number of things around my home.
07 Dec 2023 09:43

terminal and wifi won't open

The terminal of debian 12 xfce in raspberry pi 4 does not open and wifi does not appear. RPI 4 model B 4GB 
Displaying 796 - 810 out of 1060 results.
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds