Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • geebee
  • geebee
23 Sep 2026 15:54
Replied by geebee on topic 7i95t firmware flash

7i95t firmware flash

Category: Driver Boards

copy from terminal :

eebee@debian:~$ ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host noprefixroute
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: enp8s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 9c:53:22:48:4a:55 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
altname enx9c5322484a55
inet 10.10.10.1/24 brd 10.10.10.255 scope global noprefixroute enp8s0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 2003:ca:745:4b0:8af0:56c3:81dc:59d1/64 scope global dynamic noprefixroute
valid_lft 172796sec preferred_lft 86396sec
inet6 fe80::1f98:abff:6d07:69fe/64 scope link noprefixroute
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
3: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 50:46:5d:6f:50:7c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
altname enp0s25
altname enx50465d6f507c
4: wlp7s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
link/ether 6a:9d:f2:44:dc:7d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff permaddr 64:70:02:18:5d:b8
altname wlx647002185db8
geebee@debian:~$
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
23 Sep 2026 15:33
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i95t firmware flash

7i95t firmware flash

Category: Driver Boards

Sorry, i forgot to ask, why would you flash the 7i95T ?
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
23 Sep 2026 15:31
Replied by tommylight on topic Flex GUI 2.1.0 OpenGL 3.3

Flex GUI 2.1.0 OpenGL 3.3

Category: Flex GUI

IMHO GUI's should not be included in the main repo except for Axis so as to not drag in a huge amount of dependencies for nothing.


If anyone asked me to decide what way to go, i would be very hard pressed to decide as i see benefits on both sides.
Should i elaborate?
  • muddiver
  • muddiver
23 Sep 2026 15:21 - 23 Sep 2026 15:37

Kommunikation mit Mesa 7i92 sehr instabil, Woran kann es liegen?

Category: Deutsch

Hi FOrum!

i have a Foxconn A74 Mainboard with 4GB DDR3_Ram, AMD Athlon X2 250 3Ghz.
I tried to upgrade to a graphicscard, i bought an Asus Radeon R7 240 with 2GB of DDR3 Vram.

Now my problems.. The latency overall is the same as with the onboardgraphics, bit i have massive spikes, up to 600000..

I tried: 

1.  Grub "radeon.dpm=0"
no luck, LinuxCNC greets me with a Readerror.

2. Grub "radeon.si_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 amdgpu.dpm=0"
no luck, LinuxCNC greets me with a Readerror. I checked which driver is used, it was amdgpu, but no luck.

As far as i can tell, the version without any kerneltweaks worked the best for me.

I have 1 Core isolated for LinuxCNC, nothing fancy in grub customized. 
Is there anything i can try to get the graphicscard to work properly?

Thank in advance, greets, TOm
  • hermann1976
  • hermann1976's Avatar
23 Sep 2026 15:20
Replied by hermann1976 on topic NativeCAM auf Linuxcnc 2.9

NativeCAM auf Linuxcnc 2.9

Category: Deutsch

Ich freue mich auch sehr darüber das NativCAM eine aktuelle Überarbeitung bekommt und bin allen dankbar die daran arbeiten.
Ich bin jemand der auf einer CNC umgebauten Langlochbohrmaschine Kleinigkeiten bearbeitet. Das was halt so in einer Tischlerei anfällt...
Hierzu ist NativCAM ein top Programm dafür.
So ähnlich wie WoodWop für eine Homag Maschine. Hier wird auch vieles an der Maschine programmiert.
Ich bin mir sicher, das dieses Programm künftig noch viele Möglichkeiten bietet. Ich werde mir mal die neue Version installieren und mich damit intensiver beschäftigen. Die derzeit installierte Version läuft leider etwas labil.

Danke an alle die diese Software am leben erhalten....
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
23 Sep 2026 15:07
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i95t firmware flash

7i95t firmware flash

Category: Driver Boards

board adress changed to 10.10.10.11 and ping to 10.10.10.10 gives destination host unreachable. Ping to 10.10.10.11 is successful.

Are you changing the board IP or computer IP? Board address is changed using mesaflash, and there is never any reason to do it.
Computers address should be changed depending on the Mesa jumper setting, be it for 192.168.n.n (default) or for 10.n.n.n if you change the jumper as per the manual.

I remember rumours different regions or countries might require specific ip addresses in order for this to work

That is not true, both subnets used by Mesa (10.n.n.n and 192.168.n.n) are non routable IP addresses so they do not go out of the local network, hence have nothing to do with region or localisation.

The procedure you suggest in this thread does not work for me.

It always, always works if you follow it properly, so what does PCW's advice return?
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
23 Sep 2026 14:30
Replied by PCW on topic 7i95t firmware flash

7i95t firmware flash

Category: Driver Boards

What does the command:

ip a

return?
 
  • geebee
  • geebee
23 Sep 2026 14:19
Replied by geebee on topic 7i95t firmware flash

7i95t firmware flash

Category: Driver Boards

thanks, forgot to mention I already tried these hints also.

I repeated them anyway

board adress changed to 10.10.10.11 and ping to 10.10.10.10 gives destination host unreachable. Ping to 10.10.10.11 is successful.

Netmask for board connection reads 24,( I entered 255.255.255.0 )

I checked " use this connection only for resources on its network" in routes
Nothing shows in this window "Editing ipv4 routes for 7i95t" under Address. Netmask, Gateway and Metric. 7i95t is the name I gave to this connection. I did not add anything here since I have not (yet) been advised to.

For both addresses (10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.11) mesaflash answers no board found.I am in germany. I remember rumours different regions or countries might require specific ip addresses in order for this to work

The procedure you suggest in this thread does not work for me.
Further aid will be appreciated

thx and best regards

geebee
  • tuxcnc
  • tuxcnc
23 Sep 2026 11:36

Amston Lake / Alder Lake-N (Atom x7433RE) with IgH EtherCAT — kernel version exp

Category: EtherCAT

I don't like using backports. Never have used them.
 

"I don't use it" and "I don't like it" are not substantive arguments.
The problem is that there are newer versions of the libraries in the newer release. First of all, it is about Python, in which the authors constantly change or remove something, so even relatively new programs (from a year or two ago) do not want to run, or some of their functions do not work.
However, backports repositories are optional, you can activate them, install only what you need and then turn them off again.
  • geebee
  • geebee
23 Sep 2026 11:07
7i95t firmware flash was created by geebee

7i95t firmware flash

Category: Driver Boards

Hi

I do not succeed in flashing any firmware to my 7i95T mesaboard.I can ping it under adress 10.10.10.10. Its debian 13, linuxcnc should be 2.10, I replaced 2.9 to master in etc/apt/sources.list.d. and reinstalled according to post from RodW in this forum. ( I would have to look for the exact thread) Mesact lets me select 7i95t board and ip adress 10.10.10.10 in Machine. Verify board says device found at 10.10.10.10 is not a Mesa Board, not surprisingly Find IP board Results: No ETHER board found.  In terminal mesaflash (version 3.5.11) answers No 7I95T board found . Same behaviour with adress 10.10.10.1. No firmware found, I copied firmware according to instructions in window I/O Map in mesact. Thanks for any assistance

cheers geebee

 
  • nikitinkyiv
  • nikitinkyiv
23 Sep 2026 10:59

Tornos deco 2000/20 ROBOBAR SSF 226 how to progam barfeeder?

Category: CNC Machines

I'm working with a TORNOS-BECHLER ROBOBAR SSF automatic bar feeder mounted on a Tornos Deco 2000/20. It's a base configuration unit — no DPL/MDI operator console, so I'm limited to the front panel (SA2 mode selector, SB1–SB5 buttons, HL1/HL2 indicator lights).Looking for general input from anyone who's operated, maintained, or programmed one of these:
  • Tips, gotchas, or common issues you've run into with this feeder, the Deco 2000/20 control in general
  • Workarounds for running it without the operator console
  • Anything about parameter setup, calibration, or troubleshooting that isn't obvious from the manual
  • Sources for parts, documentation, or people who know these machines well
I've got the full manual and electrical schematics on hand, so I can share pages or details if it helps narrow things down.If anyone with real hands-on experience wants to help more in depth — a call — I'm happy to pay for the time. Just reach out. 
  • rodw
  • rodw's Avatar
23 Sep 2026 10:40
Replied by rodw on topic lcec_conf exited without becoming ready

lcec_conf exited without becoming ready

Category: EtherCAT

It seems that its recognized as a cia402 device. at this point, with LinuxCNC open, open another window and type: halcmd show pin lcec

This will list the pins they were found. You can use them in your hal file and follow the cia402 templates.
I have a feeling you need to command your drive using a mode not supported by the cia402 component. It will need modifying and rebuilding to support it. But I can't help you there as I have no expereince. Someone else may be able to help.

I do know one user using an abb VFD but they are using MODBUS 485 to avoid buying the FECA-01 interface
  • viesturs.lacis
  • viesturs.lacis
23 Sep 2026 07:53 - 23 Sep 2026 07:55
Replied by viesturs.lacis on topic lcec_conf exited without becoming ready

lcec_conf exited without becoming ready

Category: EtherCAT

I found this document:
library.e.abb.com/public/52b4831c464449e..._CiA402_Rev_A_EN.pdf

that is where I found which parameters to set to enable the ethercat module. at the moment I have:
1) set 50.01 parameter to 1 (enable the module)
2) 51.01 to 135 (set to EtherCAT)
3) 50.04 to 4 (reference is speed)
4) 51.02 to 0 (CiA402 drive profile)
and attached is the XML file. I would appreciate any hints on how to get it move the motor (I am looking for basic functions - start/stop and set the rotation speed). any extras, like spindle-at-speed signal, what is motor load etc is optional
I am looking at that manual and it is very confusing for me about the bits of command word and status word. I believe it is handled by cia402 component and I just need to connect proper HAL pins. is that correct?
  • JT
  • JT's Avatar
22 Sep 2026 22:47
Replied by JT on topic Flex GUI 2.1.0 OpenGL 3.3

Flex GUI 2.1.0 OpenGL 3.3

Category: Flex GUI

It's actually quite simple to install Flex GUI and use it if you read the well thought out docs.

On the other hand adding this to the already bloated LinuxCNC with many confusing GUI's seems to be a nightmare and quite complicated.

IMHO GUI's should not be included in the main repo except for Axis so as to not drag in a huge amount of dependencies for nothing. Especially when many of the GUI's are not supported any more as the authors have moved on.

JT
Displaying 121 - 135 out of 13317 results.
Time to create page: 0.612 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum