Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

10 May 2023 00:37 - 10 May 2023 01:04
Replied by my1987toyota on topic 6040 7i76 Conversion

6040 7i76 Conversion

Category: CNC Machines

Some things I would caution you on one stay away from the TB6600  they are too small of a stepper drive except
for the smallest of the nema 23 stepper motors . I went with the DM556 after running into cooling problems with
the TB6600 on a 3040 router stepper motor. The TB6600 also has the cheapest and worst cooling path for
for a drive . Sometimes they use heat transfer tape and thermal grease and I had one that bareilly had any
thermal paste at all between the chip and the chunk of aluminum the manufacturer used as a thermal bridge
and the heat sink. ( it would shut down randomly due to thermal overload )

When I am setting up a screw type of machine be it leadscrew or ballnut I go with 8 microstep

With the spindle motor control  it is highly dependent on what the motor driver is . If it has the usual
0 to 10 volt dc 3 wire potentiometer setup ( red, yellow, and black wires ) you can control the speed
directly with the 7i76E. Maybe add an enable relay for added safety. if the driver has a low voltage
On/Off switch ( I.E. 24 volts ) Pictures of the spindle drive will help immensely.

as far as wiring with the 7i76E the below PDF should help in your endeavor

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

05 May 2023 21:42

Amp fault setup... joint.X.amp-fault-in

Category: HAL

I'm using stepperonline CL57Y & CL867Y stepper drivers. On fault an opto-isolated NPN transistor is enabled (or disabled depending on setup) which toggles a GPIO pin on the 7i76e. Upon reset the signal to the Mesa card goes away, but lcnc (gmoccapy?) doesn't seem to recheck the GPIO to see if the input is still active. Maybe this is by design, I don't know. It seems a no-brainer that the axis should be re-homed after the amp fault anyway. It would just be handy to do it without closing and restarting. It's no big deal to me. I was just wondering of I was missing something.
05 May 2023 20:01

Tracking down stuttering (deb-12, LinuxCNC-2.9)

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

I think you are back learning how to use halscope and follow PCW's advice.
Is the keyboard a wireless one by chance? if so replace it with wired.

Many people have had excellent results with Bookworm.
Many people are using Linuxcnc 2.9 without issues (myself included)
Many people are using the 7i96s without issue including with 2.9 and Bookworm.
Everything points to an external issue but you need to fire up halscope to eliminate the software/mesa side of tihngs

If you are not using the spindle encoder, or PCW can give you the ENC inputs of the 7i76e with a bitfile, look at wiring a MPG direct to the Mesa card to avoid the keyboard,

I'm waiting for the PREEMPT_RT patch to be pushed to the mainline code. I think that missed the 6.4 kernel but might be on the 6.5 kernel. That will be a kernel worth building!
05 May 2023 14:58

Amp fault setup... joint.X.amp-fault-in

Category: HAL

Hi,
I'm trying to set up the amp faults and have one little issue.
My custom.HAL has this:

# --- X drive ALM ---
net x-fault => joint.0.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-16-not

# --- Y drive ALM ---
net y-fault => joint.1.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-17-not

# --- Z drive ALM ---
net z-fault => joint.2.amp-fault-in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-18-not

...and it works fine to stop the machine and produce an error message. What I'd like to change is the reset. After rebooting the amp(s) and clearing the fault, Linuxcnc holds onto the fault condition (gmoccapy), and the machine won't turn on. I need to close and restart lcnc.

Thanks in advance.
04 May 2023 21:07

What are the connectors on the MESA 7i76e called?

Category: Driver Boards

Not sure, but the molex 395000 3.5mm connector looks pretty good. Just top entry not side...

04 May 2023 14:47

[Suche] Grüne Stecker für Mesa Karte

Category: Deutsch

Hallo zusammen,

auf meiner Mesa Karte sind so grüne Stecker, leider sind die immer in 6er Paaren zusammen.

Ich würde mir die gerne als Solo Stecker besorgen, also 1Polig.
Aber wie heißen die Stecker, gibt es die überhaupt 1Polig?
Worauf muss ich achten, dass ich auch die richtige Größe habe?

Bei den induktiven Sensoren muss man 3 Kabel an verschiedenen Stellen anschließen und wenn, dann möchte ich diese mit 1Poligen Steckern versehen, so dass man sie auch nur ausstecken kann, ohne gleich 5 weitere zu kappen.

Hat jemand eine Idee?

gruß Mücke

beispiel nicht meine Karte!
Displaying 646 - 652 out of 652 results.
Time to create page: 0.919 seconds