Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: thc)

04 Jun 2014 05:50 - 04 Jun 2014 05:56
Replied by tommylight on topic THC config that works.

THC config that works.

Category: Basic Configuration

Some more info.
The config works flawlessly so here are some functions that were already implemented and some added.

0- IT does not need 2 parallel ports, just a single one. Granted you don't use limit switches.

1- Absolutely noo need for Z axes anything, so remove anything related to Z axis in Gcode since it will slow down the execution waiting for it, but it will not move the axes, the machine WILL function properly even if you have Z values.

2- The floating switch, if it trips while running in auto mode, it will force an E-stop and halt the machine so try to make the floating switch as sensitive as posible, if the nozle dives into material it will stop everything.

3- It will remember last position so even on power loss you can continue exactly where it left. I added this since where i live power outs are very frequent so it is a life saver ( or material and time saver in this case ).

4- If the plasma cutter stops for any reason ( mine beeing heat due to running full time doing 11meter cut 3 second pause and again 11 meters and..........10 hours a day) it will stop movement and wait for ARCOK. To continue just press F9 and do a right click and "run from here" over the highlighted gcode line. The Z axis will again find the metal and move up and fire the torch and continue as usual.

5- No need for a post processor at all, exept if you need "lead in and lead out", so NO G38.2 or whatever, nothing. Everything works with M3, finding the metal, moving to pierce height firing the torch and moving on.

Gota get some sleep, 1AM here.
Regards,
Tom

This is for BosniaCNC
Pozdrav Bosno.
Ne trebaju ti dva porta, samo jedan ako ne koristis limite. Ne instalira se nista, samo desnim klikom na thc-toma.ini i "open with other application" a tu imas "use custom command" pa samo napisi tu LINUXCNC i OPEN. Nista vise, samo poveri pinove imas objasnjenje na engleskom u istom folderu.
Pozdrav.
04 Jun 2014 20:19
Replied by BosniaCNC on topic THC config that works.

THC config that works.

Hvala Tome i želim ti svako dobro i zadovoljstvo u radu.
Ako ti treba nešto u vezi Mach3 javi mi jer ga imam u "malom prstu" pa ću rado pomoći ali već su počeli sa distribucijom Mach4 koji sam već testirao pa mi nije baš nešto. Više su napravili komercijalni trik ali mislim da će im se to olupati o glavu samo dok ga neko "krekne".
Hvala ti još jednom pa se "vidimo" ovde.
Pozdrav,
BosniaCNC
04 Jun 2014 21:59
Replied by emcPT on topic THC config that works.

THC config that works.

It would be nice that a effort was made to the language to be English.
I am also interested in this thread.
04 Jun 2014 22:21

THC config that works.

@emcPT
It would be nice that a effort was made to the language to be English.
I am also interested in this thread.

When you're writing here in English translation for I use:
translate.google.ba/?hl=hr&tab=wT#en/hr/

We all have the right to use their language with their compatriots. All we know is not so good English language as would be expected from those who have it imposed.
"Hvala Tome i želim ti svako dobro i zadovoljstvo u radu.
Ako ti treba nešto u vezi Mach3 javi mi jer ga imam u "malom prstu" pa ću rado pomoći ali već su počeli sa distribucijom Mach4 koji sam već testirao pa mi nije baš nešto. Više su napravili komercijalni trik ali mislim da će im se to olupati o glavu samo dok ga neko "krekne".
Hvala ti još jednom pa se "vidimo" ovde.
Pozdrav,
BosniaCNC"

translation: (translate.google.ba/?hl=hr&tab=wT#hr/en/)

Thanks Tom, I wish you well and satisfaction in their work.
If you need something to do Mach3 let me know because I have the "little finger" and I'll be happy to help but have already started to distribute Mach4 that I have tested so I was not that good. More have made a commercial gimmick, but I think that'll be it bang on the head only while it is "crack".
Thank you again so that "see" here.
Hello,
BosniaCNC

Dear Portuguese friend receives greetings from the Balkan!!!
BosniaCNC
04 Jun 2014 22:37

THC config that works.

Yes, Tom.
Thc_parport.hal

Thank's
BosniaCNC
04 Jun 2014 22:55

THC config that works.

This is great!
Why did the axis indicate the numbers? Hmm, maybe it's better that way?

Regards!
05 Jun 2014 04:25

THC config that works.

Tome,
why is it impossible to turn ON the POWER button?

05 Jun 2014 05:21

THC config that works.

Hola Espana, Pozdrav Bosno, Hallo Deutchland, Zdravim Ceska, Pershendetje Kosov e Shqiperi........ and so on and so forth, i can go on like this for a looooong while since i am proficient in 5 diferent ( emphasis on DIFERENT ) languages and can manage another 4 to a certain extent, but still this is an open forum and i refrain from using other languages exept when necesary. Like it or not ( i do i do :) ) English is the de-facto global language and it is used globaly as a universal communication tool.

Back on topic
The axis indicates numbers since it is in "Joint Mode" so if you go to "view->world mode" it will display X Y and Z.

The "thc_parport.hal" has only the outputs for motor controls ( step and direction pins ) with added lines for reverse direction of any of the axes if it need be. There are settings for 4 axes although i use 3. Check your output pins and edit this file.

In the attached picture by BosniaCNC the Z limit switch is active as it is connected to pin 15 on parport and some BOBs give a trigered state on that pin so here are the solutions:
add a limit switch to Z axis,
change "the active" high or "active low" at input 15 on the BOB
open "thc.hal" and search for "limitZ" and just add a "#" in front of it.
that's it. Moving on
Word of advice: since the Z axis has to be decoupled from normal control and the "ferror" or "feed error" has to be higher than usual, DO NOT keep the Z axis jog buttons pressed, do it in short presses or the axis will keep moving after you release the buttons.

More to come, some videos and pictures and HOW-To's.
Regards,
Tom

P.S.
Can not attach pictures, geting error 500 ?????
05 Jun 2014 07:45

THC config that works.

Video of first test (or second or third....)

floating head/ torch holder
05 Jun 2014 15:29

THC config that works.

Here is a video of how to connect an old plasma cutter without a voltage divider to the PROMA ELECTRONIKA THC.
Warning!!!!
I hold absolutely no responsibility for anything on this video. There are some extremly dangerous voltages inside a plasma cutter and failing to follow certain procedures will result in fatal injury, burned buildings or houses, dead kittens etc.
Remove the power plug before you start doing anything inside a plasma cutter.

On this one finding the right terminals was a bit tricky since it has shunt resistors for contolling the power output ( amperage ), but in a nutshell you need to connect it directly to the DIODE output located on big transformers on the underside. There are thick wires going to output clamp and torch and they can be used as well, but i connected them a bit further inside before the ignition coils and shunt resistors,
Warning!!!
The plus and minus ( positive and negative ) terminals on a plasma cutter are always as folows,
Plus (positive) is the ground clamp
Minus (negative) is the torch wire.

Will do a HOWTO setup the linuxcnc for PROMA THC ( or any other simple THC ) later.
Regards,
Tom
08 Jun 2014 06:09

THC config that works.

Added another video of the whole setup running.
Tom

08 Jun 2014 16:12

THC config that works.

Bravo majstore!
09 Jun 2014 16:10

THC config that works.

thanks for the video how to connect an old plasma. very helpful for me :)

You are welcomed, if you need more info just drop a line here.
P.S.
Remove the power plug before yoy do anything on the plasma.
10 Jun 2014 04:56

THC config that works.

What happened to a post by 'landskroner' ??? Now it looks like i'm chatting with myself :) :) :).
Bosniacnc did you mange to get it working ? Bosanac jesi uspio da testujes masinu?

BigJohn, as i recal last year you were working on a THCUD comp that uses a mesa card, how did it go? does it work properly?
I did try it and since i dont have a mesa card i could just test the functionality to a certain exetent.
On a side note if anyone needs a specific canfig like driving a 5 phase stepper motor using nothing more than 5 transistors and 5 resistors
and LinuxCNC, i already have it tested and working. On second thought i'll post and upload it on a separate thread.
With utmost respect,
Tom.
10 Jun 2014 05:28
Replied by BigJohnT on topic THC config that works.

THC config that works.

The thcud component is part of the 2.6 repository. I don't have that type of THC so I can't really test it. The thc component is for the Mesa THCAD card.

JT
Displaying 151 - 165 out of 5075 results.
Time to create page: 1.733 seconds