4th axis full simultaneous like tormach

More
30 May 2020 14:42 #169424 by JB-Motoring
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a working 4th axis pp that features simultaneous toolpathes- i need this to machine some spiral grooves in a cylindrical surface.

My 4th Axis is mounted along X.

If I use the common PP's here, the machine would crash...I set the G54 in the rotation center of the Shaft.
First lines looks like this:

N60 G0 X-21.272 Y39.324
N65 G43 Z-7.32 H1
N70 G0 A-100.544
N75 Y29.493 Z-5.49
N80 G1 Y27.429 Z-5.106 F700.
N85 X-21.354 Y27.14 Z-5.137 A-100.718 F500.
N90 X-21.556 Y26.982 Z-5.314 A-101.143

So there is something horrebly wront with that.

My pp lines look like this:

if (true) { // note: setup your machine here
var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[1, 0, 0], cyclic:true, preference:1});

machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis);

setMachineConfiguration(machineConfiguration);
optimizeMachineAngles2(0); // TCP mode

I think I need to adjust the TCP settings? But I can't find anything on the internet....And I have never done this before :-D

I found out, that the tormach PP does the job right, so the PP has the correct settings to get the job done without crashing everything quicker than 'rona....

Can anyone help me out with that?

Thanks in advance and stay healthy everyone!

Cheers, Joel

File Attachment:

File Name: 4th-linuxcnc.txt
File Size:49 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2020 21:59 #169461 by tommylight
Frankly, i am lost, i have no clue if you are using PP for Path Pilot or Post Processor, as there is mention of Tormach.
If i got this right, when you use the Tormach post processor in Fusion360, all is good, but when you use the LinuxCNC post processor machine crashes ??? What crashes ? Software or hardware ?
As a side note, gcode for LinuxCNC does not use line numbers like N50 etc, but that is not anything to worry about, just makes me think that is a modified post processor and named for LinuxCNC.
This might have some useful info:

More
07 Jun 2020 14:15 #170485 by JB-Motoring
Hey Tommy thanks for your reply,

Maybe my question is poorly drafted... :-D

So let's say I've got a 4th Axis mounted along my X axis okay?

I want to mill a notch that is wider than my Endmill- lets say it's a 5mm notch milled by a 4mm Endmill.
To get the notch correct and not V shaped we have to use the Y axis okay?

The original Linuxcnc Fusion 360 PP just uses the A axis rotation and X but not Y.

So I need to modify my PP in the direction, that it uses A X and Y to generate a notch that spins around a cylindrical surface.

Do you understand what I mean?

Cheers

More
07 Jun 2020 14:58 #170489 by tommylight
I think i do understand now, that would have to be done in Fusion, not in Linuxcnc.
Never used Fusion, so no idea how.
Did you try PyCam ? It can open a CAD file and make tool paths from that. Not sure that is helpful as Fusion is able to do that.

More
07 Jun 2020 15:07 #170490 by bbsr_5a
fusion can only do 3+2 toolpath meaning position the rotation axis and then mill xyz
you can use the freetriels from Feathercam or powermill there are more full 5axis cams like deskproto rhino visualmill ....

if you upload a step pepople here will give you a path

More
12 Jun 2020 19:52 #171302 by JB-Motoring
Hey,

but if I simulate the programm in Fusion, it shows different Y coordinates...So Fusion should be able to generate a true Simultaneous toolpath, but my PP isn't able to convert it into G...

Thanks Guys!

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds