Holes and profile

More
07 Oct 2021 15:50 - 07 Oct 2021 15:50 #222465 by paulsao
Holes and profile was created by paulsao
I am using fusion 360 as a post-processor for Plasmac, my question is how do I make a profile and holes in the same gcode file, I already made the holes separately but when making another profile it does not recognize the pierce height and only follows the path. Your help please
Last edit: 07 Oct 2021 15:50 by paulsao.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2021 20:59 #222488 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Holes and profile
Do you think that this is a Fusion problem or a Plasmac problem?

More
08 Oct 2021 10:31 #222539 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Holes and profile
I personally use sheetcam (it has a free version to let you test small files). There is a postprocessor in the windows version for plasmac. It can be copied to 
In Fusion, flatten your part and create a new sketch on the surface of your flattened part. The right click on the sketch in the tree and save as DXF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
08 Oct 2021 10:38 #222541 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Holes and profile
Thanks Rod, if the truth is that I did that since in fusion 360 I have many problems with radio and arc, but sorry I like Fusion much more since everything can be done in the same software, in fusion I had a problem with arcs and in shetcam it worked very well the bad thing is the 180 lines that limit its use.

More
11 Oct 2021 01:45 #222812 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Holes and profile
Well I solved the problems presented by applying the following in Fusion 360: 1) I make a first profile cut and first select the circles that I want to cut using the actual nozzle size in my case 1.20 mm, I also configure with offset on the left in the computer. 2) I made another profile cut for exterior profiles, I use the same 1.20mm diameter tool and in the configuration part of the torch inlet and outlet in a straight way at 90 ° and I do not use arches since it gives me some radius problems , I also configure with right offset in computer.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds