Added Display Message from Fusion 360 Post Processor via ManualNC

More
12 Apr 2024 15:58 - 14 Apr 2024 07:22 #298072 by Ritterchen
Hi together,
as I use LinuxCNC with Fusion 360 as Post Processor for professional use I have some setups that require some special attention.
In Fusion 360 you can add ManualNC operations such Display Messages (as well as Stops, Tool Break Control and various other Operations).
I used it to display a warning message at the beginning of each operation to check if the fixture is correctly setup.

Here a short snippet of code that was needed in the Post Processor of Fusion to enable the output to LinuxCNC

Added below: "function writeBlock() {"
// Process Manual NC commands   executeManualNC();

Added somewhere:
/**   Buffer Manual NC commands for processing later */ var manualNC = ; function onManualNC(command, value) {   manualNC.push({command:command, value:value}); } /**   Processes the Manual NC commands   Pass the desired command to process or leave argument list blank to process all buffered commands */ function executeManualNC(command) {   for (var i = 0; i < manualNC.length; ++i) {     if (!command || (command == manualNC.command)) {       switch(manualNC.command) {         case COMMAND_DISPLAY_MESSAGE: // sample on explicit execution of Manual NC command         writeComment("debug, " + manualNC.value);         break;       default:         expandManualNC(manualNC.command, manualNC.value);       }     }   }   for (var i = 0; i < manualNC.length; ++i) {     if (!command || (command == manualNC.command)) {       manualNC.splice(i, 1);     }   } }

The full list of options can be created as case-statements as shown here: cam.autodesk.com/posts/posts/guides/Post...Training%20Guide.pdf
Page:  6-198 

Credits by: forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processo...ommands/td-p/8904847

Hope this eases up some of your processes with posting from Fusion 360!
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2024 07:22 by Ritterchen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2024 10:05 #298708 by andypugh
I tried fixing the word wrap in the code block, but couldn't work it out.

More
22 Apr 2024 06:49 #298817 by Ritterchen
Hi Andy, the word-wrap is handled for me via Gmoccapy (2.9) that moves it into readable blocks. Did you implement it on Axis?

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds