About the Fusion360 mill-turn machine's post processor for linuxcnc.

More
25 Jun 2024 02:00 - 25 Jun 2024 02:01 #303725 by timaer
Hi,every one ,I found a very good sample configuration in linuxnc in the following path Linuxcnc-Sample-axis-vismach-millturn-millturn. Though the sample is very suitable for our project,but when we tried to  use fusion 360 export the GCODE file,it can't be post processed or it can't be runned.Because there are  only  three post processor file in the fusion 's official lib, LinuxCNC (EMC2),LinuxCNC TurningEnhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
they all looks not fit for the linuxcnc's millturn sample configuration  .Because I'm not so familia with the post processor file cps .May there be anyone share some suitable fusion's post processor cps file for me ,I'll be very grateful for that,thank you .
Last edit: 25 Jun 2024 02:01 by timaer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2024 09:12 #304008 by andypugh
I think that I have looked into this in the past, and found that it was fairly easy to change the postprocessor file based on the results of a Google search.

What is the problem? Is it that the postprocessing fails when you try to create the G-code?
The following user(s) said Thank You: timaer

More
30 Jun 2024 18:05 #304095 by robh
a easy method on posts if you are new to fusions post files, its all in Java so its pritty easy to find and edit things. plus you can code some nifty tricks inside the post too

for a mill turn, when i was looking into it i found the post for a nakamuura mill turn was pritty well done in fusion so is a very good start point. has a nice turrent switch over for multiu turret, multi spindle too and much more you would need ona mill turn

for a nifty trick you can use visual stuio with a free addon,
when you post any code from a program pick the option post direct to visual studio and it will let you see the post code file along side the Gcode so you can find any Gcode section in the post and edit and check. it will also cut down the Gcode it will post out if you have a long operation like surfacing so can check complex operations with ease.

check this video for a much better detail way todo it, and set it up etc

More
01 Jul 2024 01:36 #304113 by timaer
Thanks a lot,I'll try your recommended nakamuura mill turn post and learn from your youtube link to edit post file necessarily

More
01 Jul 2024 01:42 #304114 by timaer
Hi,andy,I'm totally new to linuxcnc and postfile,so without some learning ,I guess that I 'm not able to edit the post file right now. By now,the fusion360 existed post file in the lib is not very fitable for my machine's configuration.So,I'm looking for if there was a post file perfectly matched or almost matched,if there was not ,I've to learn it and modify it by myself,which will take a lot of time .

More
01 Jul 2024 05:17 - 01 Jul 2024 05:17 #304123 by jimmyrig
It won't take nearly as long as you think with modern ai tools

Go to chat gpt or any other ai

Give it your post, gcode, and explain what is not working and how tofix it. About 33% of the time it will right out the gate. 33% needs tweaking but points you in the right direction, the other third it's way off. In either case where it doesn't solve it. Ask it to explain how things work, etc

Be the 5 year old who asks the parent why, why, why, how do you do that, what does this mean, etc. you can learn a crazy amount these days in almost no time.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2024 05:17 by jimmyrig.

More
02 Jul 2024 01:26 #304191 by timaer
That's a good advice, though the AI tool like chatgpt sometimes just made up the content, anyway it indeed speeds up the process of learning . Thank you .

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds