Gmoccapy - Tool Number Zero

More
02 Oct 2015 20:07 #63368 by jschulze
Hi,

Sorry if this have been covered elsewhere, but I was unable to find any info.

When using gmoccapy is there a way to make the tool information to list tool zero as it does on startup? When I want to unload the tool in the spindle I use M6T0 which calls a toolchange subroutine, unloads the tool, and uses M61Q0 to set iocontrol.0.tool-number to -1, but the tool information in gmoccapy still lists the previously loaded tool.

Thanks,
Jordan Schulze

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2015 23:38 #63401 by newbynobi
Hallo Jordan,

you are right, I am able to reproduce that.

If i have a tool loaded and do a T0 M6 all works like expected, but a M61 Q0 the tool information will remain and also the tool offset is still present!

I do think, that that is a bug in linuxcnc.

I also found a small mistake in my code, I will push the solution in two minutes. But after updating you will still to have to use a work around, doing the M61 Q0 twice to get the tool number set correct.

I reported the error already in the developer mailing list.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: jschulze

More
04 Oct 2015 00:46 #63404 by jschulze
Hi,

Huge thanks for looking into it. I have remapped M6 to a subroutine controlling my atc. This was my first time remapping, so I wasn't quite sure how to retain some of the original M6 functionality, hence I use the M61 inside the subroutine to update the current tool. I suppose it would work like normal if I could retain the activation of iocontrol.0.tool-change and then tell iocontrol.0.tool-changed when the toolchange was complete.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds