Need testers for gmoccapy_5_axis

More
20 Dec 2015 14:33 #67170 by Ludwig
Hi Norbert,
I try to move the C-Axis with the external push-button, but always the A-Axis is moving.
All other axis (X, Y, Z, A) are ok. If I use the mouse, then I can move the C-Axis.

net A-Axis-sel and2.29.in0
net PB-Plus and2.29.in1
net jog-a-plus and2.29.out gmoccapy.jog-a-plus

net C-Axis-sel and2.30.in0
net PB-Plus and2.30.in1
net jog-c-plus and2.30.out gmoccapy.jog-c-plus

Thanks for the great GUI !

Best regards,
Ludwig
The topic has been locked.
More
21 Dec 2015 08:05 #67191 by newbynobi
Got it,

I found the bug and will correct that asap.

Norbert
More
21 Dec 2015 08:50 #67192 by newbynobi
@Ludwig

I solved the bug and gmoccapy 2.0.1 has been pushed.
I added a new config gmoccapy_XYZAC.ini which will open also a simulated pendant.
I used that for testing. Due to the simulated homing, you will have to home the axis in reversed order, not all at once!
Then select a increment in gmoccapy, an axis with the pendant and move the virtual jog wheel for testing.

Please report if the fix works also on hardware.

@AllOthers
please update your config if you use hardware button to jog!

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ludwig
More
21 Dec 2015 15:32 #67208 by Ludwig
Hi Norbert,
it works!!!

Only there is some cosmetic thinks to, that means, if the A-Axis or C-Axis change from 9.999 to 10.000 or 99.000 to 100.000 then the line in the middle (to separate the 2 axis) will move. But this is absolutely not important.

Thanks very much for the quick replay.

Best regards,
Ludwig
More
21 Dec 2015 16:28 #67211 by newbynobi
Hallo Ludwig,

thanks for testing. The "line jumping" may not be so critical, but I will fix this also.
I will try to do that, with the step I merge the actual master with gmoccapy_5_axis.

So in future master there will only remain the 5 axis version and in 2.6 and 2.7 I will maintain the 4 axis version with bug fixes, but not with new features.

What do all the other think about that plan?

Norbert
More
21 Dec 2015 19:10 #67219 by mariusl

So in future master there will only remain the 5 axis version and in 2.6 and 2.7 I will maintain the 4 axis version with bug fixes, but not with new features.

What do all the other think about that plan?

Sounds good Norbert. I assume that master will still allow to config for three four or five axis?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
21 Dec 2015 22:03 #67223 by newbynobi
You are right, a normal user won't feel the difference.
I will try to make the changes without breaking existing configs.

Norbert
More
19 Feb 2016 03:56 #70362 by auto-mation-assist
Norbert,

Is it possible to have the rabbit jog speed button come up in the slow mode vice the fast mode, or perhaps have a setting to allow user to select the default mode?

My max and min values for jog were not set properly and fast mode came up automatically after power up at 300 inches per minute. The jog rate slider for fast jog mode allowed a adjustment rate of 0 to 9660 inches per minute. I believe the values in my INI file for jog had not been set by me and were likely in mm instead of suitable inch values. The max and min values were a prior copy and paste thing when I built the INI file and overlooked until now..

I had been setting the jog rate button to slow jog mode manually while testing after power up but forgot on this particular occasion. The slow mode was 15 inches per minute max. My testing was usually done at very slow rates since my system has not been fully tuned. The servo driver I was using failed possibly due to the high speed requested but this cannot not be verified. The 0.02 ohm current sensing resistor that exploded in the servo drive was pretty loud. I'm hoping that the output Mosfets and their drivers survived.
More
22 Feb 2016 18:29 #70489 by newbynobi
Hallo fairngs,

I am sorry you had a defect on you machine. Please be carefull with all moving parts. Please begin with very decent parameters to check all.

I got your idea of checking on turtle and / or rabbit mode on start up. I think we should start with the default velocity and check if that one is in between the limits of turtle, if so that that mode, else the quicker one. What is your opinion?

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist
More
22 Feb 2016 20:26 #70492 by auto-mation-assist
I think that a check to make sure that everything is within limits would be good especially when dealing with potential mm and inch conflicts for values due to oversights like the one I made.
Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds