Tool Path display won't respond to touchscreen

More
23 Mar 2016 12:27 #72058 by LAIR82
Hello Guys,

I just put together on 3/18/16 a fresh build of wheezy (2.7.4), using gmoccapy (1.5.6.1), and I checked to make sure the tool path display would move around with the touchscreen, and it did on friday, now today it doesn't work. I tried all the options in the dropdown box for the mouse button configuration in the hardware tab, and nothing works, it won't zoom, rotate or move the displayed tool path. The touchscreen is working just fine on the rest of the screen, just not the tool path.

Any thoughts?

Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2016 20:17 #72069 by newbynobi
The question is:

What has changed from friday to now?
Any system updates?

Norbert

More
24 Mar 2016 18:31 #72107 by LAIR82
Hey Norbert,

I didn't do any updates, but I was all over the map trying to get rid of a RT delay fault I kept getting after I had gotten Gmoccapy up and running, and I installed SBackup on the machine so it will do a remote backup to my PC in the office.

The only thing that I really did was put in the grub file the "radeon.modeset=0" command, turned off the screensaver, and applied the "isolcpus=1" to knock down the latency.

I would not think that the backup utility would have anything to do with the touchscreen controlling movement of the toolplot??

Rick

More
01 Apr 2016 09:13 #72513 by newbynobi
Hallo Rick,

that was not easy, but I think I have found the strong behavior.

You are in lathe mode, aren't you?

Gremlin did handle lathe mode not correct and that leaded to no reaction. Additionally there where to bugs in mouse mode 4 and 6.
I fixed all that, so if you make a new pull and rebuild, than everything should work again.

If you do not run rip environment, download the attached file, rename it to be gremlin.py and copy it to /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ overwriting the existing file.

Please inform, if my patch did solve your problem.

Norbert

Norbert
Attachments:

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds