gmoccapy macro pop up prompt

More
25 Sep 2016 10:18 #80895 by pippin88
Hi,

I would like to have a pop up at the start of a macro that requires the user to click continue, like when starting a program and there is a pop up about load tool x and click continue.

This to to make sure the user has the correct tool in the spindle and any other things they need to do.

For example, I want to have a macro for surfacing the router spoil board.
There should be a pop up that says "Ensure 22mm surfacing bit is in spindle and there is nothing on the table" - then user must click continue.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2016 13:56 - 25 Sep 2016 13:56 #80905 by newbynobi
Hallo Nick,

why not use user message?
Gmoccapy hal pin, see section 5.8

Norbert
Last edit: 25 Sep 2016 13:56 by newbynobi.

More
26 Sep 2016 09:39 #80926 by pippin88
Norbert,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for something much simpler, like the "(MSG, It is done!)" in the macros already, but with a pop up requiring the user to click continue.

If a method like MSG or DBG does not exist, I will look at the pins as a way of doing it.

More
26 Sep 2016 14:27 #80933 by newbynobi
Using the message dialogs is quite simple, you can set the according hal pin using a cusom M code, like M100.
Do not forget to reset the hal pin after the user clicks OK, otherwise it will stay hight and the next time the message will not appear.

Norbert

More
10 Nov 2018 13:34 #120388 by Marcking

Using the message dialogs is quite simple, you can set the according hal pin using a cusom M code, like M100.
Do not forget to reset the hal pin after the user clicks OK, otherwise it will stay hight and the next time the message will not appear.

Norbert

Hi Norbert, would you give an example of how to use this? I made the message to appear but can't make the program to pause.
Thanks!

More
10 Nov 2018 17:55 #120405 by islander261
Hi

I may no understand what you want. In my plasma configuration I need to sense probing errors and stop the Gcode program execution for operator intervention. So I use the (MSG, This Error) followed by an M0. The operator then hits the pause/run button to continue when the problem is fixed.

John

More
10 Nov 2018 17:58 #120406 by Marcking
Want to do the same but from the user created messages, already made the program to pause and now need to know how to resume after pressing OK button.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds