Truning screen 90 degree

More
16 Feb 2017 08:25 #88040 by mpvriens
Would like to use gmoccapy screen on a screen turned 90 dregree, ( this fits more easy into my machine) but i'll lose some butons on the right of the gmoccapy screen.
I can adjust the height of the screen, but the width seems not to be adjustable, is there a solution for this?

Marius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2017 19:04 #88065 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Truning screen 90 degree
You can adjust both, height and width, but the min resolution is 979 x 750 Pixel, so your screen must have at least this dimentions.

If you like, you can also modify the gmoccapy.glade file and move the widgets around to fit your needs. Do not delete or rename widgets and you should not get problems.

Norbert

More
16 Feb 2017 19:38 #88069 by mpvriens
Replied by mpvriens on topic Truning screen 90 degree
Thks Norbert, obvious the width is not sufficient, so I'll try to play with the glade file.

Marius

More
01 Mar 2017 16:07 #88819 by mpvriens
Hi after adding some H-boxes and V-boxes on the original gymoccapy.glade, and adding some "loose buttons" to make the gmoccapy screen fit my portrait screen, everything worked out fine, until i had to update the computer.
Now even when i load the original "gmoccapy.glade" file into my glade-gtk2 program, and not changing anything, but just save it back to the gmoccapy file, i get an error message, ( see attachement)
Will this be due to the gmoccapy update, or has this to do with the glad-gtk2?

Marius
Attachments:

More
01 Mar 2017 21:17 #88846 by newbynobi
It looks like you have mixed gmoccapy 1.XX stuff with gmoccapy 2.XX code. The error says, that the glade file does ot contain the combi dro 5 widget! That widget is part of gmoccapy 2.Xx, being part of master. May be you used a glade file from 2.7 release?

Norbert

More
02 Mar 2017 11:34 #88867 by mpvriens
you were right on that, as i had tested the glade-gtk2 also on an other machine, and have used that glade file, but now have updated linuxcnc to latest version 2.8 master, have used the gmoccapy.glade file from /usr/share/gmoccapy ,have loaded this file into glade-gtk2, and have saved it back to the gmoccapy file, and got the error as in the attachement
only difference i see is DRO 4 line 720 instead of DRO5 line 721,
So i expect to have linux 2.8 master, an also gmoccapy version 2.##, as if i use the original gmoccapy.glade, i get the 2.## screen .with no error, the error shows as i put the file through the glade-gtk2 program

Marius
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2017 21:50 #88901 by newbynobi
You can not mix both releases! The glade file only has some changes in names and widgets, but the main python file and libs has very relevant changes.

The shown release number is hard coded in gmoccapy.py file,not in the glade file.

Norbert

More
03 Mar 2017 07:14 #88915 by mpvriens
Understand, so i use the same releases, as they come with the same package when updating linuxcnc 2.8 master,
still when i try to edit the gmoccapy.glade file, he will not accept the changes,I just use the gmoccapy.glade file from the gmoccapy folder, load it to the glade-gtk2 program, and save it again to the same folder,

Marius

More
03 Mar 2017 22:43 #88970 by newbynobi
Ok, i am sure you do not start glade from rip environment.
If you start it from menu, some libs will not be availiable.

You do not get an error, but the glade file will be destroyed.

Please use diff to check the differences.

Norbert

More
04 Mar 2017 13:28 #88987 by mpvriens
Have created a rip environment, and have started glade-gtk2 from linuxcnc.dev , loaded the gmoccapy.glade file from usr/share/gmoccapy, saved it to documents ( as i don't have write permision on gmoccapy, turned on sudo thunar, to copy the file into the gmoccapy file , same error

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds