Customized gmoccapy

More
01 Feb 2018 22:25 - 01 Feb 2018 22:32 #105299 by auto-mation-assist
As part of my desire to be able to set and control my almost completed 4th axis spindle from gmoccapy directly I ended up making some modifications to gmoccapy. I also decided to add a few buttons for future use and a button to automatically drive my milling machine out of limits when it is clicked. It also has that function built into the machines manual control panel.

I have attached picture of my modified gmoccapy layout which is functional and just needs a bit more cleanup work. While I was making some changes in the glade file I noticed that in the tbl_DRO_45 that the Combi_DRO_5 and Combi_DRO_4 were reversed in that 5 actually defined 4 and 5 defined 4. I think this may just be a labeling error. I have added a picture of that section that show my corrected sequence.

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2018 22:32 by auto-mation-assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2018 23:51 - 01 Feb 2018 23:55 #105302 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Customized gmoccapy
Hi,

If you use latest version of Gmoccapy it is correct, checked also the names of the dro's. This is orginal version at the moment :

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2018 23:55 by Grotius.

More
02 Feb 2018 02:24 #105305 by auto-mation-assist
I'm thought I as using the latest version. I believe I updated late last month before I started working on my changes. On my version of gmoccapy 2.3.3.2 if I look into the general settings for DRO_4 they refer to Joint: 5 while DRO_5 general settings refers to Joint: 4 on mine. I'm wondering if this is wrong or if I'm just counting wrong.

More
02 Feb 2018 02:28 #105306 by auto-mation-assist
This is a update to the first picture I posted. I had been working on some modifications on my .ini and .hal file that would not allow the fifth axis to show.

Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2018 03:07 - 02 Feb 2018 03:18 #105309 by auto-mation-assist
I think that I read the entries wrong in that I converted a 3 to a 5 in my head for some unknown reason. I think the DRO joint numbers were correct when I looked at them again. In the picture above they display correctly as C and A while in glade they show up as A and B left to right. Some what confusing but I now think that this is part of the axis/joint renumbering system when gmoccapy runs after reading the .ini file.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2018 03:18 by auto-mation-assist.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds