Initial turtle jog speed error caused getinfo.py file

More
26 Feb 2018 23:27 - 26 Feb 2018 23:30 #106580 by auto-mation-assist
While I was making some changes to my configuration noticed that when the jog turtle button is selected for the first time that the jogging speed was not correct and that it did not agree with what the jogging bar shows.

For me the initial speed was substantially higher then it should have been. I traced this problem down to the getinfo.py file that gmoccapy uses. Gmoccapy is looking at at the linear velocity entry DEFAULT_LINEAR_VELOCITY to determine initial jogging velocity.

For me this ends up as an initial max velocity of 30 and a slow jog factor of 5 on the first turtle jog button push, and with the velocity bar showing 4.8 max and not 6 max velocity on turtle speed. The settings in my system are usually 24 max rabbit and factor of 5 giving a max turtle jog velocity of 4.8 instead of the initial turtle jog speed of 6.

On the second turtle button push the problem corrects itself to the proper 4.8 speed. In order to correct this issue the coding in the getinfo.py should be corrected. I have attached a partial getinfo.py file that shows the original coding and my changes of the affected items.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Feb 2018 23:30 by auto-mation-assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2018 19:00 #106646 by newbynobi
OK, I have this on my list, but actually I am very, very short on time, so please be patient.

Norbert

More
25 Mar 2018 09:50 #107801 by newbynobi
I tried to reproduce the behavior. All sample configs do work as expected. Could you please post your INI file, so I can check with your settings?

Norbert

More
26 Mar 2018 03:05 #107885 by auto-mation-assist
Its been a while since I reported this so my memory has slipped a little. I had isolated this by adding print statements for the variable involved in the \src\emc\usr_intf\gmoccapy.py and then doing a quick make and sudo make setuid to make the file with the print statements active..

I suspect that the print statement route may be the only way to actually see the variable change value between the initial and second button pushes. Running linuxcnc-dev from a terminal is required for this test to monitor the print ("Line xxx", variable name) print statements . The front panel will not give any indication of this particular minor error.

I have attached cnc2.ini which I believe to be the ini file that I used during my test on my development computer. You may notice that it will point to my x1_gui which is basically gmoccapy with my changes to allow A axis to be used as a spindle or a normal rotary as long as a mesa interface board is used and has no effect on the jog functions. It does hide the A axis jog buttons while A axis is in spindle mode.

I have also attached a second file, cnc1.ini which I pulled out of my active milling machine for you today.
Attachments:

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds