Mill/turn setup options?

More
24 Apr 2018 23:25 #109567 by Ross77
My lathe has been converted to a mill turn centre and looking to use a touch screen to control it.

I have managed to modify the main Python code for Gmoccapy and have reinstated the y axis home butons, added y-jog buttons both on the screen and the keyboard.

It all seems to work well except that the Y axis is also set up for the Diameter setting so the Home indicators (datum symbols) are showing on the wrong axis.

Any ideas on the best way make them work properly? Happy to lose the radius veiw as I only work in G7 anyway. cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2018 05:13 #109575 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Mill/turn setup options?
It is all in the gmoccapy python file, chech for lathe in the code.

Is this gmoccapy 1 or release 2?

Norbert

More
25 Apr 2018 20:16 #109612 by Ross77
Replied by Ross77 on topic Mill/turn setup options?
Its release 1.5.9 should I be on version 2?

Im happy looking over the python file again but I was just wondering which way I should do it.

Presumably I can just stop the y axis being changed to the Diameter. Could I set the Diameter up on another DRO like w axis?

More
26 Apr 2018 05:23 #109631 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Mill/turn setup options?
Release 2 does handle joint axis relations completly different, so it might be easier to change the relations.

But i am wondering if it wouldn't be easier to use a XYZA config insteadt.

If you want to change the python file, just search for diameter and you will find a line setting the Y axis to letter D and to diamter mode.njust comment the lines out and you should be done.

Sorry for not beeing more detailed, but my new job does not leave time for codding. I hope to have some time in May in my holiday to get some more options working.

Norbert

More
26 Apr 2018 10:16 #109641 by Ross77
Replied by Ross77 on topic Mill/turn setup options?
Ok I will try the XYZA option. I would need to alter the view tho to get the x and z axis correct as a lathe.

I have commented out those lines and it works fine for the main DRO's on the right in the boxes. They all turn green when homed correctly.

The problem is that I'm also using the DRO and offset in the preview and it is this bit that the homing indicators are not tying up. could you point me to the section for this element? its a minor issue bit I would like to have it correct. Thanks

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds