Gremlin shows incorrect orientation

More
05 May 2018 06:15 #110234 by blazini36
I searched around but couldn't find anything. I can't quite figure out why everything I load into LinuxCNC appears upside down in Gremlin with Gmoccapy. I (almost) always set my origin and zero my mill on the perceived upper left hand corner of the part. Gremlin always shows it as the lower right hand corner. Movements are correct in the fact that if I zero on the positive side then move negative I am moving toward the center of the part, it's just that the XY is viewed in reverse. Z is fine, I doubt it's a machine setup issue since I can move in the correct direction and have ran parts from CAM, just not sure what to do to get the appearance in Gremlin correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2018 09:06 #110242 by newbynobi
Gremlin does use the correct coordinate system, Showing X positive to the right, Y positive away from the user and Z positive from the table up. If you are using a different coordinate system, the image may switch around.

Norbert

More
05 May 2018 14:00 #110249 by blazini36
It's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what it is.

I have to orient the part in cam (FreeCAD) the opposite way to get the correct movements. I place the Origin in the far left corner with X+ to the left and Y+ to the right. This would expect the tool to move X- or right to reach the right side of the part where on a mill the table will move X- which is left for the tool to reach the parts right side. So it would probably be correct if this were a Gantry router.

SO I'm not sure If I have to throw an argument at the post processor or what exactly I'm missing.
Attachments:

More
05 May 2018 15:12 #110253 by newbynobi
You can do what you want, but I am pretty sure, that your INI file does not have the limits set correctly, please post your INI.

Norbert

More
05 May 2018 16:27 #110256 by blazini36

You can do what you want, but I am pretty sure, that your INI file does not have the limits set correctly, please post your INI.

Norbert

Not sure what that means. Obviously I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if there's something I can change. So I'm asking for help.

There's 1 limit on each axis and the soft limits are set to max travel, this works fine. Max travels are extended so I can move the axis the full ways when it's unhomed, that may not be correct.
Attachments:

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds