Tool and work offsets

More
07 Aug 2018 03:33 #115718 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic Tool and work offsets

you can change the complete behavior, just editing the change.ngc file.

Norbert

Like I said, pretty bad with Gcode at the moment. Actually I went through the extra steps to get a good measurement from my table to the top of the fixed vice jaw, now I just add or subtract the height of the work in the vise from that static measurement.

I didn't get a chance to look at the change.ngc file, but I was also wondering if there is a way to alter the behavior of the probing routine when an M6 is requested on the same tool that is already in the spindle. FreeCAD puts an M6 in every operation. Without touch probing set up, an M6 on the same tool will raise the spindle and go back to work. With touch probing the M6 will cause it to probe even if the tool wasn't changed. This takes up a bit of time on a column mill because the tool length varies so much I have to keep the search speed low.

Is there a way to modify this behavior or would it be better to replace the M6 on the same tool with a G53 G0 Z0 or something like that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2018 07:58 - 08 Aug 2018 07:59 #115794 by ahhkoch
Replied by ahhkoch on topic Tool and work offsets
Hi,

same issue here and i modfied the Change.ngc file. Documentation is on my Website (unfortunately in german). If you Need it in english, just let me now...

short description: i added an "if"-Operation checking if new tool is different to actual tool. (will upload the file later from home)

fraeserbruch.de/linuxcnc/gmoccapy-werkzeugmessung-optimiert

Another issue i am working on is this: if tool measurment is complete and the job is started, the spindle moves down above the TLS. i dont want this, because sometimes the TLS is higher than Z-Position in the Job =Y risk of rotating millbit crashing into TLS....
Greetings

Andreas
Last edit: 08 Aug 2018 07:59 by ahhkoch.

More
08 Aug 2018 21:29 #115831 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic Tool and work offsets

Hi,

same issue here and i modfied the Change.ngc file. Documentation is on my Website (unfortunately in german). If you Need it in english, just let me now...

short description: i added an "if"-Operation checking if new tool is different to actual tool. (will upload the file later from home)

fraeserbruch.de/linuxcnc/gmoccapy-werkzeugmessung-optimiert

That's great thanks. I used Google translate and I think I have most of it but translate seems to have missed the last part, unless the German line is actually OK to use...
In detail, these changes are required in the "change.ngc" in the configuration subfolder "macros":

Insert before the line ;first go up as an additional line o110 if[#<_current_tool> NE #<_selected_tool>]. NE means "Not Equal".
In front of the line G43(almost at the end of the file) is called an extra lineo110 endif eingefügt

Another issue i am working on is this: if tool measurment is complete and the job is started, the spindle moves down above the TLS. i dont want this, because sometimes the TLS is higher than Z-Position in the Job =Y risk of rotating millbit crashing into TLS....

I hadn't noticed that because I've been working in my vise pretty much the whole time I've had the touchplate setup. I do have to go back to my fixture plate which is about 1" lower than the touchplate so I may have this issue as well

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds