Gmoccapy Brought Innovation

More
08 Jul 2018 23:36 #113852 by BrendaEM
As you may find in this thread, I've meant to write and point out a few things. I've been looking for just the right moment, but instead, I thought I would post this at the worst possible time, for me.

I'n looking at the user interfaces available for LinuxCNC, I've wanted to merge the line between Axis and Gmoccapy, and use the style of Blender3Dm and to later merge other ideas and suggestions into it.

I've watched your videos, and thought that you had a lot of good ideas, that brought in the form of your interface. I've stated several times, that for instance the incremental UI widgets were a great idea. The ones I drew up are only a mild variation of the ones you came up with, only adding a second line, so a legend/text would not be needed near it.

I've felt the it must have been quite a challenge for largely one person to create Gmoccapy and program it.

I had an advantage that I was only trying to create the design, in hopes that others might be able to program it. Only wearing one hat, so to speak, allowed my to devote more energy to the design.

I worried that some of the old timers still used Axis, and while it's widgets may looks dated, the design itself is still useful, though having many user interface designs, I felt could have a fragmentation effect. For better for worse Axis still has a presence.

I thought(?) that merging Axis and Gmoccapy might have a unifying effect on LinuxCNC. And well, I don't know what the outcome will be, as it seems that I've lost control of the very thing I would be proposing before it's done. It still all might work out somehow, but if it does, part of the credit belongs to you, as you could read in the thread.

Anyway, thank you for the innovations you brought to LinuxCNC.
forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/34572-a-wides...terface?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2018 10:25 - 09 Jul 2018 10:29 #113862 by InMyDarkestHour
What's the reasoning behind having many user interfaces "could have a fragmentation effect" ? I'd be interested to hear your opinion on this.

It's no as if there are flames wars with the Axis guys on one side and Touchy on the other.

Why do you "worry that some of the old timers still used axis" ? If it works and does everything they require it to do, why worry. What about Keystick, is that reason for concern ? Is not all about choice.

Granted some may get pulled in by "fancy" interfaces, others will for other reasons, some by cost, some by the OSS nature and there is probably a million other reasons as well.

I don't see how LCNC needs unifying, everyone seems to use the interface they are happy with and no one calls another out for using this or using that. No stand on either side of a fence throwing stones, we all just get on with it.

I'm a little perplexed by some of this and interested in the reasoning.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2018 10:29 by InMyDarkestHour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel, KCJ

More
27 Aug 2018 08:08 #116636 by pavelshakal
Good day to all. I'm a milling machine but not a programmer, I switched to Linuxscnc with match3. and not how I can not understand how to change the screen since the original is simply too useless. Could I have been pushed into the finished screen with the functions similar to the mache3 and how to install it. Thank you in advance.
By the way installing Linuxcnc is as simple as twice two compared to match3

More
28 Aug 2018 10:33 #116698 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Gmoccapy Brought Innovation

Good day to all. I'm a milling machine but not a programmer, I switched to Linuxscnc with match3. and not how I can not understand how to change the screen since the original is simply too useless. Could I have been pushed into the finished screen with the functions similar to the mache3 and how to install it. Thank you in advance.
By the way installing Linuxcnc is as simple as twice two compared to match3

In the ini file under [DISPLAY] section change the DISPLAY = axis to whatever you want to use as an interface.

oh and..... I would hardly say axis is "simply too useless". It's simple, functional and it simply just works and has been used for a long time.

Good luck...

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: pavelshakal

More
28 Aug 2018 10:40 #116699 by pavelshakal
Thank you. I'll be there. Sorry if offended by the topic of simplicity))) I do not zvatatet information on Axis and buttons Home to zero is at least

More
28 Aug 2018 10:42 #116700 by pavelshakal
This program works much better Mach3

More
29 Aug 2018 20:38 #116824 by BrendaEM
For those who don't already know, AnnoyingMutt has been disrespectful and harassing me here on the LinuxCNC forum. He had so little objectivity that one of his posts were removed by the ops.

More
30 Aug 2018 09:09 - 30 Aug 2018 09:10 #116841 by pavelshakal
В ini-файле в разделе

It is necessary to look in the Linux itself or through LinuxCNC?
Last edit: 30 Aug 2018 09:10 by pavelshakal.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds