How to move the position of the X setting/touch-off

More
07 May 2019 18:35 #133073 by paulctan
Hi,

I really enjoy using Gmoccapy, but this has been bugging me for a long time now. How the heck do I move the position of the X touch-off button further to the right. The problem is that I'm using a touch screen, and it doesn't always register my presses (especially if I have gloves on). So, I sometimes have to push the same button several times. This is fine (I mean it's a limitation of how I'm doing things), but the position of the X touch-off button is EXACTLY the same position as where to select the touch-off submenu. So the problem is that when I push the touch-off submenu button a few times, I might accidentally hit the X touch-off button. I need to move the X touch-off button to the right a bit.

Am I correct in trying to edit the gmoccapy file at this point:

But I'm not sure how to shift the buttons over. Can someone give me some suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul Tan.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2019 21:33 #133099 by andypugh
I think that you can edit the Gmoccapy UI using Glade.
(Though if you don't already have Glade then, because of the age of some of the versions of OS and dependencies that you are probably using, getting it might be more trouble than it is worth, and hand-editing the XML file is likely to be easier)

Make a copy of the file first, though.

More
08 May 2019 14:27 #133147 by newbynobi
The position of the buttons can only be changed by rearranging the buttons on the notepad.
You can do that with glade or an editor. As I have on all my computers glade 3.8.6 installed, I use glade, as it is a little bit more WYSIWYG.

The notepad page to edit hbtb_touch_off

just move one of the space label, i.e. hbtb_touch_off to position 1, the other button should move automaticaly.

Norbert

More
08 May 2019 16:14 #133163 by paulctan
Forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but I'm new to using glade. I tried installing glade and got errors opening the gmoccapy.glade file, saying that gmoccapy.glade targets Gtk+ 2.16. apt-get install glade-gtk2 can't find that package (I'm running on Linux Mint 19.1).

I tried to find find hbtb_touch_off file with
root@cnc1:/usr/share/gmoccapy# find / -name "hbtb_touch_off*"

but got no results. So, I'm assuming that the file is compiled into the gmoccapy.glade in /usr/share/gmoccapy/gmoccapy.glade ?

Adding a position property to the gmoccapy.glade file for hbtb_touch_off object didn't change anything.
            <child>
              <object class="GtkHButtonBox" id="hbtb_touch_off">
                <property name="visible">True</property>
                <property name="can_focus">False</property>
                <property name="homogeneous">True</property>
                <property name="position">1</property>

Any idea where I should be changing the file?

Thanks.
Paul Tan.

More
08 May 2019 17:03 #133171 by newbynobi
You should find the buttonbox within the gmoccapy.glade file.

Its out of memory, so the name might be slightly different

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds