Work offsets on a back tool lathe with Gmoccapy can't get DRO in zero.

More
01 Jun 2019 14:38 #135569 by Marcking
Hello to all in the forum,

I have installed LinuxCNC with Mesa 7i76E & 7i85 with HNC servo drives and motors with simulated encoders connected to the Mesa 7i85, the work is almost done but when I want to set my Z work zero in G54 or G55 the DRO does not change to zero on any of the DROs ABS or Relative, beside this the work offset is set so if I program in MDI G01 Z200.0 F500 the turret moves 200mm away from where the zero was set and when programming G01 Z0.0 F500 the turret goes back right where the zero was set but the DROs shows a very different number.

For the closed loop(semi closed loop actually) testing with a dial gauge(0.01mm) if I increment 1mm the machine moves exactly that and the DRO also represents the commanded increment.

Question is, there is some parameter or way to make DROs to show zero when touching off any of the axes?.
Thank you in advance for any help, HAL and INI files are attached.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2019 21:41 #135586 by andypugh
How are you setting the work zero?

On all the interfaces I am familiar with (Touchy and Axis) setting the work to zero does zero the DRO (unless it is set to show absolute machine position).

Perhaps you are setting a tool zero by mistake? Then that won't take effect until a G43.

More
02 Jun 2019 08:39 #135618 by newbynobi
After homing you can click the touch off button in the bottom button list. Then press the button of the axis you want to set. Gmoccapy 2.nn will show a popup windoe to enter a value, if you enter 0 and press enter, the dro will be set to zero!

Norbert

More
03 Jun 2019 11:34 #135736 by Marcking
Hello Norbert and Andy,

Unfortunately I have long time using LinuxCNC with Gmoccapy also and never have this problem before what I mean I'm using the same procedure that you guys described as in some other machines but with this machine which is the only I have made with encoders feedback it is not working.

More
03 Jun 2019 13:08 #135744 by newbynobi
Have you tried to delete the var file in your config folder?

More
05 Jun 2019 01:02 #135893 by Marcking
Hello guys, thank you for your support finally the problem was the P.I.D. parameters, I have adjusted the following error and everything started to work almost perfect.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds