error with probe screen V2

More
03 Nov 2019 13:07 #149487 by benzkiller
Please check the nc code if the 2nd tool is different to the first and check your tool library if tool numbers are correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2019 13:36 - 03 Nov 2019 13:53 #149489 by fl.rene
Replied by fl.rene on topic error with probe screen V2
Thanks benzkiller,

But I have already double checked. For testing I have written a ngc-file with only two tools, tool 21 and tool 81, only two drilling operations!!! Both tools are in the tool table and both tools are called correctly! After the first tool-change-dialog I can see that tool 21 is in the spindle and after tool 81 is requested my machine correctly moves to tool-change-position but without a dialog and immediately moves on to tool-sensor-position. When the machine moves to tool-sensor-position I can see that tool 81 is in spindle! If I watch the hal pins and signals I also can see that the requested tool is the right one (probe.toolchange-number).

I'm confused because after the first tool is called I click the OK button, probe.toolchange-changed always stays true so when the second tool is requested the machine moves on immediately to tool sensor after tool change position without tool-change-dialog! So I can not click OK, to indicate that I successfully changed the tool!!

RENE
Last edit: 03 Nov 2019 13:53 by fl.rene.

More
06 Nov 2019 20:47 #149749 by vmihalca
Replied by vmihalca on topic error with probe screen V2
I had the same issue, took some time today to debug it and figure it out.
I have upgraded from 2.7 to 2.8 then 2.9 and since 2.7 the kinematics have changed and they have introduced the notion of axis and joints.
This caused the pin name to change.
so in the block_down.ngc and probe_down.ngc under the macros folder, you need to update the AXIS_2 to AXIS_Z
Also there is another error that you will get, and for that you need to update to [axis.z.pos-cmd]

More
07 Nov 2019 08:34 #149816 by fl.rene
Replied by fl.rene on topic error with probe screen V2
Thanks a lot vmihalca,

I have already done this changes to the ngc-files in the macros folder! Also found an edited version of versers probe-screen v2 somewhere on the internet which is ready changed for linuxcnc 2.8 and higher, which I have already instalked. I think it was in a post from verser himself!!!

But what do you mean by "updating axis.z.pos-cmd"?? Maybe I have to change a line from "axis.2.pos-cmd" to "axis.z.pos-cmd"!!
But what file has to be edited...?

Yesterday I added two lines in probe.py in python folder!

In the section where the dialog is created directly after probe.toolchange-changed = True I added somthing like sleep for 0.5sec and that I set the probe.toolchange-changed = False again!

Now my toolchange routine goes to changeposition and stops there after every toolchange. But the former dialog from the first change stays on top until I click somewhere on axis screen.
When the second toolchange is requested I do not get a new dialog. The old one is still present but in background and doesn't update or come back to the front. The Ok or Continue button doesn't work any more, so I cannot inticate that I have already done the toolchange!!

It looks like the toolchange routine stucks somewhere in the loop and never starts again.

But for now I don't know what is wrong with it...

Rene

More
07 Nov 2019 11:39 #149837 by vmihalca
Now when I click a probing, the gmoccapy switches from probe screen to MDI, executes the command then it remains in MDI
I've made a change here so that after a routine is executed, it switches the linuxcnc mode to MANUAL.
This way I can do some jogging and position the probe to the next probing location with less clicks.
I have two questions here:
1. is there any way not to switch to remain within the probe screen while the probing routine is being executed?
2. if the answer to the first one is no, is there a python function that I could call from the probe.py after a routine is executed, that would switch back from MDI to the probe screen?

More
07 Nov 2019 18:46 #149865 by benzkiller
Could you please explain how you managed to get back to manual mode after probing?

More
07 Nov 2019 18:50 #149866 by vmihalca
In the probe_screen.py file I have added these two lines after each function that was switching to MDI at the begining. All the functions that are doing the probing are switching to MDI first.

self.command.mode( linuxcnc.MODE_MANUAL )
self.command.wait_complete()

More
07 Nov 2019 18:56 #149867 by benzkiller
Could you please share your probe_screen.py?

More
07 Nov 2019 19:25 #149868 by vmihalca
From what I saw in the pull request, my line numbers are different, don't know exactly if this is what you need, so just replacing yours with this might not be a good idea.
I think its better if you just use it as an inspiration.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralfh

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds