how I can update gmoccapy

More
13 Feb 2023 19:51 #264456 by HalaszAttila
I need to compile linuxcnc source, becouse i use many custom HAL components. This was the main reason, why i find out how to download the source. It is works for me ok.
Here I see, gmoccapy has new features and I want to try latest version:
linuxcnc.org/docs/master/html/gui/gmoccapy_release_notes.txt

But i dont know how to "pull the branch directly from my github account" tells by newbynobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2023 21:38 #264463 by HansU
Replied by HansU on topic how I can update gmoccapy
If your custom HAL components are in the *.comp format it is still easiest to compile them using halcomp and update LinuxCNC like mentioned.
But for the new features you would need at least LinuxCNC 2.9 which uses Python 3, so maybe your custom components needs adaption.
Let me know in which format your custom HAL components are.
Here you find more information about building from source and installing: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html

Also here more information, depending on your Linux distro you are using: gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: HalaszAttila

More
13 Feb 2023 22:54 #264467 by HalaszAttila
The most of componens are in *.comp format. But sometimes i write i *.c, and sometimes needs to edit LinuxCNC core files (or gmoccapy files too).
I have a disk clone with newst LinuxCNC, with downloaded source, and with all my components. This method i use for years.
Check my projects:
www.youtube.com/@halaszattila8430/videos

It is possible to pull newest gmoccapy files to LinuxCNC source, and compile it?

More
14 Feb 2023 08:39 #264490 by HansU
I don't understand completely what you want to do.
You say that you have a "disk clone with newst LinuxCNC, with downloaded source, and with all my components" but then you are asking how to "pull newest gmoccapy files to LinuxCNC source".
The newest LinuxCNC sources also includes the newest Gmoccapy files. Sorry I don't really get that.
Maybe you have the latest sources of LinuxCNC 2.8 and want to include the latest Gmoccapy features from master?
The following user(s) said Thank You: HalaszAttila

More
14 Feb 2023 09:02 #264491 by HalaszAttila
Exactly what you say in your last sentence. Sorry i am not home in programmers terminology. I have latest LCNC (2.8.4), and if it is possible i want to try latest gmoccapy release (ver 3.4.2).
From this release note, i see there is a many changes and updates in gmoccapy after my version (3.1.3.8): linuxcnc.org/docs/master/html/gui/gmoccapy_release_notes.txt
Is it possible?

More
14 Feb 2023 09:16 #264494 by HansU
Ahh okay you mean you have the latest official release =). Because the latest and greatest is LinuxCNC 2.10pre.
By the way glad to hear that you like the latest improvements :-)

I have latest LCNC (2.8.4), and if it is possible i want to try latest gmoccapy release (ver 3.4.2).

This will unfortunately not work. Because Gmoccapy 3.4 is using Python 3 like LinuxCNC 2.9 and LinuxCNC 2.8 is using Python 2.
So if you want to use the latest Gmoccapy features, I would suggest do download the sources of LinuxCNC 2.9 (github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/2.9) and integrate your custom changes/adaptations there.
This might make some work at the moment but will make it easier for you to adapt to future versions.
Furthermore LinuxCNC 2.9 will be released very soon and we are making good progress to make it work under the latest Debian version (Bookworm).
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, HalaszAttila

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds