bug with increments

More
27 Feb 2020 22:55 #158694 by Pumuckl
bug with increments was created by Pumuckl
Hi,
I just finished configuring my pendant and sometimes during testing my machine would continue to move regardless of me not pressing the button anymore. This happens when you change the increment during a continuous move. It is not likely to happen when you use the keyboard but still pretty dangerous.

You can try moving the machine with the cursor keys in continuous mode and pressing "i" to change to a different increment while holding down the movement key. When you let go of the keys the machine will continue to move. Better try that when the machine is off...

Also it would have been nice to have a hal pin for next and previous increment. I did solve toggling with an updowncounter and a demux but 2 pins would make things easier.

Best regards,
Christian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2020 00:38 - 28 Feb 2020 03:30 #158709 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic bug with increments
Just tried and can duplicate this with master/axis

I will add an issue to github since this is a pretty serious bug
Last edit: 28 Feb 2020 03:30 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Mar 2020 15:40 #158895 by Pumuckl
Replied by Pumuckl on topic bug with increments
Thanks.

I have just been playing with my joypad again and found another one:
When you press increment and decrement jog speed at the same time it will continue to go up or down even if you let go of the keys. Something will get messed up internally, if I do that a couple of times I can make the bars increment and decrement at the same time so that they start to shiver...

By pressing random buttons on the joypad I can provoke all sort of random behavior but I think it is mostly the same cause of a particular input being stuck and getting executed while the button is already released.

If someone wants to have a go at it I attach my hal file.

Best regards,
Christian.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_postgui.hal
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds